• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft estimate the range of this shot please

Re: estimate the range of this shot please

i was thinkin maybe his rangefinder was set to feet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was thinkin maybe his rangefinder was set to feet </div></div>

113 yards seems closer to reality

Personal opinion is its over 100yards from the rifle to the treeline. Its much harder to judge distance when its an open field. 340 I dont think so.. Also, the video is titled as Alec's 200 yard shot.

I'd put that at less than 100.

Hope nobody was comin down that road.

some quick math may help here. 340yards = 1020ft

1020ft/2600fps = .392 TOF

so from muzzle to 340yards IF you had no velocity change witch we know we do so its more like .441 TOF

does the muzzle blast to puff of dirt look like almost a half a sec to you?

not to me, so I'd say your safe on throwing the BS flag.

less than 150 deffo

And I once shot a deer with my trusty .270 at 1,000 yards....just held at the top of it's back.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I once shot a deer with my trusty .270 at 1,000 yards....just held at the top of it's back.
wink.gif
</div></div>
I did one of those too but I used a mirror and shot over my left shoulder with a 20mph wind gust....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robot Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some quick math may help here. 340yards = 1020ft

1020ft/2600fps = .392 TOF

so from muzzle to 340yards IF you had no velocity change witch we know we do so its more like .441 TOF

does the muzzle blast to puff of dirt look like almost a half a sec to you?

not to me, so I'd say your safe on throwing the BS flag.

</div></div>

I looked at the same thing before reading your post. I did see a noticeable delay between the muzzle blast and the impact downrange. Maybe a 1/4 second or so.

I cant get it to come up. I got my LRF by the screen so when it comes up I can tell yall the true distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: praharin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it was a 340 yard shot... but also a low miss? </div></div>

I'm with you...

Im saying 100 yards... If that..

100 yards max lol!!!

I'm pretty good at using the "Football" field me thod, thinking about 125 to the treeline.

150 tops.

Looks like about 150 to 175 yards....I would have never taken that shot....I like a backstop of some sort...Who knows what the heck was behind those trees...I like to know where my round is going after the shot...

my .02

Maybe they count the range different than we do. If it's 150 to get there and 150 to get back thats 300 right? LMAO Not to bash or anything but I was reasearching the new M5 turrets for Leupold and if You guys want to a good laugh or just the utter realization at how little some people know on the concept of mils google the M5 target knobs and read what the glock forum guys are saying.

anyone else notice the kid's finger inside the trigger guard the whole time? And id say at most thats 120 yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaz9185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it was a misprint they meant 340 feet </div></div>

I questioned that...he was very "sure" it was 340yds. My thought is maybe his LRF is reading feet.

usually a cell phone camera makes everything look FARTHER away, they tend to use wide angle lenses