• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ETA of the 7mm 195gr VLD?

At SHOT 2014, Berger stated their focus was getting new machines tooled up and running to produce the bullets they've already designed, and the shooters are gobbling up.

Bryan said design projects, including the 195gr 7mm, were on the back burner.

Reading between the lines a little, I don't think I'd hold out hope for their delivery until ~1 year after the craziness that's been occurring post December 2012 has fully subsided.

It'll be a good while yet.

I think the latest was that Berger was getting started on development again after having focused on oroduction only for awhile. The new bullets are apparently progressing again. So I'd guess we are back to a similar timeframe as when the announcement was first made.

Good. I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting this bullet. It's the whole reason I built a 7LRM.

Same here, can't wait to see this bullet come out. My 7-300WM shoots lights out with the 180gr Hybrid, but I'd do load development with these just to see how they rate. Still, those 180gr Hybrids are a fantastic bullet.

Same here, can't wait to see this bullet come out. My 7-300WM shoots lights out with the 180gr Hybrid, but I'd do load development with these just to see how they rate. Still, those 180gr Hybrids are a fantastic bullet.

What's your mv with the 180s?

No doubt, the 195s at slightly under that velocity will damn near be an ICBM with their predicted BC.

No doubt, the 195s at slightly under that velocity will damn near be an ICBM with their predicted BC.

Very true. I also point all my hybrids for concentricity and to eek out a little better BC. It's tough to find a better ELR combo IMHO.

These bullets at this point are like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what twist rate these will need?

On lrh Eric Stecker said at least a 8.5 twist, though I looked on Bergers calculator and changed the data to match the 195 and found an 8 would probably be best for my environmental conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk