• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Euro Optics Return policy, never again

Status
Not open for further replies.

high right

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Colorado
I ordered Surgeon bottom metal from Europtics couple of weeks before Christmas. Got it fast, about a week before Christmas.
Holidays, shit happened and didn't really do any gun stuff till the weekend till new years. My bad, I ordered the wrong crap.
I needed CIP, not L.A. No problem, I'll just exchange except they don't have it So I'll return. Tried calling them Monday
the 31st, Closed. Called Wednesday the 2nd explaining my dilemma. Sorry, 15 day return policy. I explained the two 4 day
Holiday weekends and they waived that policy but charged me $60 cause it was used? I told them I never put a screw in it,
never put the mag in the metal, really?. Sorry I'm not buyin it. I didn't post this without first reaching out in P.Ms to Jason, Crickets!
So here it is.

Sorry, but if I am the buyer and the product has previously been sold to a consumer and returned don't try to tell me it's new. it is not new it is used. Imagine if you are buying a new car and you find out that the car had been previously sold and returned to the dealer, would you be happy? No car dealer who wanted to see my business again better try that shit on me.

many companies would call that the cost of doing business to keep a customer happy. They would take return of the item, refund the seller, and hope they come back to buy more. Then take that "USED" item, and mark it down 5% (est) as an "open box item", and sell it making a little less profit than they normally would but getting their money back on the item. If they cant sell it for that, then they mark it down to cost and move that product.

In the end they avoid negative press, continue to keep a customer happy, and hope they make their overhead back in future sales. its not rocket science.

Yeah I wish I could side with the consumer on this but their terms are pretty clear. $60 is really not that bad for a return. It could be much worse.

I've dealt with Euro Optic for well over a decade without a single problem. If I am going to return something, I'm going to abide by their return rules.

EuroOptic has played the "nice" game before to many different people. It was called the "Wall of Shame" many years ago. It was stupidly lengthy. They gave people an inch and they took a foot.

Reactions: deersniper
Yeah I wish I could side with the consumer on this but their terms are pretty clear. $60 is really not that bad for a return. It could be much worse.

I've dealt with Euro Optic for well over a decade without a single problem. If I am going to return something, I'm going to abide by their return rules.

EuroOptic has played the "nice" game before to many different people. It was called the "Wall of Shame" many years ago. It was stupidly lengthy. They gave people an inch and they took a foot.

i can see it from the company side of this, but end of the year/ holidays etc should be given some leeway. If its a 14 day return policy and your store is closed for 8 (?) of those days, is that really a fair way to treat the customer?

There are habitual abusers of policies and then there is something like this. is it really worth the bad press or the appearance of such? in this instance, they have chosen that it's worth $60.

Yeah why shouldn't they lose money for a customer's mistake?!
And it's been weeks!
Get real

Here's my question: what is the difference in the money the company will lose on a returned item that is returned on day 14 and one returned on day 15? or day 20?

The customer would have returned it in the exact same condition on day 14 as it was on day 20, right? If they are losing money and taking a hit on a return because its no longer new, what monetary loss is there between those 6 hypothetical days?

Reactions: shoot4fun
i see both sides of the coin but im with diverdon.

my business manufactures "pills", vitamins etc.
i have people calling my quality staff every day and all day with wanting returns and such.

now im the manf, its not my label or my storefront but they call everyone including the FDA.

a good one last summer was a lady bought fish oil softgels in a bottle.

left them in her car (in arizona by the way), when the bottle says store at a cool dry temperature.
well of course when they are in a trunk in arizona....holy shit they melted.
and the lady was complaining.

how is this relavent...cost$$

my quality system (paperwork and logging of complaints etc)
and my quality guy who makes about 150K a year, would probably spend about 1 hr with this particular issue.
i told everyone to give a free bottle and she went away.

now i only make about 8 cents on that product and that is before taxes etc.

the amount of time and money it takes to "verify" if at all possible that your action is truly NIB condition is not worth the profit margin.
so euro prob made a company policy that if it leaves the building and its opened it is now used.

the population ruins everything for normal ones like us.

i have another one for you, and this one is a personal outside work issue.

a few years ago i leased a serious sports car.

it had 500 miles on the clock, which i didnt even notice or really care about (this was a very low production car so it was kind of like you get what you get and thats it, which i understand).

when i went to sign the deal a few days later i noticed the 500 on the clock.
i asked about what type of miles.
if they are 500 track miles then the car is beat to shit etc.

the owner of the dealership came out and say he actually drove it for a week or two (nice older man), and he would extend the warranty for the life of the 3 year lease not just the 2 that came with it form the factory.

luckily for me and the shop, the car ran well and didnot need abnormal service.

but if not that could have been good size stick in the eye for him...once again just not worth trying to pass off "touched" as OEM NIB to cutomers.

Yeah but you have to draw a hard line somewhere. Just because they are a smaller shop doesn't mean they are required to break their own policies. Like I said, they have played the more than fair game before and it bit them in the ass. People mistake kindness with weakness and Alex wasn't having it.

Not one is going to abandon business with EuroOptic because someone had to pay $60 to return a mistake. Not going to happen. If it was damaged or defective I have zero doubt that it would have been corrected. I feel for the OP, but there has to be some mutual understanding here. First off, I would have e-mailed them versus having to call in. They answer e-mails all the time. I've gotten them back on a Saturday at 3 AM before.

EuroOptic has no idea if it was truly "untouched" or not. How could they? They have to pay someone to inspect that return, re-inventory it, etc. Otherwise they ship it out as "new" and it's missing parts then you've got a perpetual shit-show.

I have no beef in this and I am not deliberately taking sides with this. I'm just saying that $60 is a minuscule price to pay for a mistake like that.

i see both sides of the coin but im with diverdon.

my business manufactures "pills", vitamins etc.
i have people calling my quality staff every day and all day with wanting returns and such.

now im the manf, its not my label or my storefront but they call everyone including the FDA.

a good one last summer was a lady bought fish oil softgels in a bottle.

left them in her car (in arizona by the way), when the bottle says store at a cool dry temperature.
well of course when they are in a trunk in arizona....holy shit they melted.
and the lady was complaining.

how is this relavent...cost$$

my quality system (paperwork and logging of complaints etc)
and my quality guy who makes about 150K a year, would probably spend about 1 hr with this particular issue.
i told everyone to give a free bottle and she went away.

now i only make about 8 cents on that product and that is before taxes etc.

the amount of time and money it takes to "verify" if at all possible that your action is truly NIB condition is not worth the profit margin.
so euro prob made a company policy that if it leaves the building and its opened it is now used.

the population ruins everything for normal ones like us.

i have another one for you, and this one is a personal outside work issue.

a few years ago i leased a serious sports car.

it had 500 miles on the clock, which i didnt even notice or really care about (this was a very low production car so it was kind of like you get what you get and thats it, which i understand).

when i went to sign the deal a few days later i noticed the 500 on the clock.
i asked about what type of miles.
if they are 500 track miles then the car is beat to shit etc.

the owner of the dealership came out and say he actually drove it for a week or two (nice older man), and he would extend the warranty for the life of the 3 year lease not just the 2 that came with it form the factory.

luckily for me and the shop, the car ran well and didnot need abnormal service.

but if not that could have been good size stick in the eye for him...once again just not worth trying to pass off "touched" as OEM NIB to cutomers.

I work in the same business. Manufacturing the liquids (our other facilities do pills). A customer complaint is a big headache and big deal that you have to track. It’s usually my job to devise ways to fix our manufacturing process to address those complaints

if it was a mistake, why not just trade it out. Don't take the $60 loss , even if u have to wait a few weeks. U said they didn't have it, but then said u tried to call.??? How did u know they didn't have it , if u hadn't already talked to them? Doesn't add up

I have had nothing but exceptional experiences with EuroOptic. I recently bought a Surgeon 1086 from them with a 308 bolt face, thinking I was going to build a 280 Ackley. I opened the action's plastic packaging to inspect it for damage when I received it, and then I put it on a shelf for six months. Fast forward six months, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to build a 28 Nosler (magnum bolt face). I called up EuroOptic and explained the situation, and they swapped out my action no questions asked. They even sent me a return shipping label.

Full disclosure, I have purchased two actions and three S&B 5-25s from them over the years, not to mention countless other accessories.

I have had nothing but exceptional experiences with EuroOptic. I recently bought a Surgeon 1086 from them with a 308 bolt face, thinking I was going to build a 280 Ackley. I opened the action's plastic packaging to inspect it for damage when I received it, and then I put it on a shelf for six months. Fast forward six months, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to build a 28 Nosler (magnum bolt face). I called up EuroOptic and explained the situation, and they swapped out my action no questions asked. They even sent me a return shipping label.

Full disclosure, I have purchased two actions and three S&B 5-25s from them over the years, not to mention countless other accessories.
How is this different from the OP's situation? Well, for one thing, there is no 4473 attaching a name to the bottom metal but there definitely was for your action. To me, not matter how you want to spin it, the guy who bought the action they took back bought a USED action. Did they sell it as used? Did they charge you a return fee?
As far as how much you have bought from Euro, don't you think it is just as important to treat a first time customer with the respect you give a long-time customer? Isn't that how the former becomes the later?
I am not taking up for the OP nor disparaging EuroOptic, as I don't know the whole story (just the OP side), but it would appear to me your example only makes his case for dissatisfaction stronger.

I have found EuroOptic to be more than reasonable both from all perspectives. They also go out of there way to help their customers and spend countless hours on the phone with tire kickers. IMO, OP needs to suck it up. If you don't like the service you're getting, go somewhere else.

I have found EuroOptic to be more than reasonable both from all perspectives. They also go out of there way to help their customers and spend countless hours on the phone with tire kickers. IMO, OP needs to suck it up. If you don't like the service you're getting, go somewhere else.
I am not a first time customer with them, I've spent a few thou there over the years and it shouldn't make a difference. Yeah, and that's what I am doing, sucking it up and moving on

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Here's my question: what is the difference in the money the company will lose on a returned item that is returned on day 14 and one returned on day 15? or day 20?

The customer would have returned it in the exact same condition on day 14 as it was on day 20, right? If they are losing money and taking a hit on a return because its no longer new, what monetary loss is there between those 6 hypothetical days?
The time part of my statement isn't the important part. If a customer fucks up they need to suck it up and go by the vendors guidelines or keep it, or sell it someplace.
But the time does make a difference to some extent.
It could have been in their shells in the meantime and sold to someone else, they may order a replacement already based on what's sold.
They may be paying interest or tax on what's on shelf as the year rolls over.
The time part was just icing on the cake that would big me if I was them.
I grew in a family business (salvage yard) we didn't have to worry about bad pr like a online company does.
And they built a reputation for not taking bull shit from customers and it never hurt business.
And they never missed it when bad customers didn't come back.
Now people jump online cause they're butt-hurt and cry about it.

So it's EUROoptics fault that you couldn't read the return policy? Unbelievable. Then you come on here a bash a company because of your inability to properly read a well stated return policy? Part of the problem...…
Re Read my original post tuff guy, I admitted I fucked up, I asked for some consideration given 8 days being closed, I reached out
personally to him before I posted. It's not the dough, and yeah, Like I said, I've moved on.

How is this different from the OP's situation? Well, for one thing, there is no 4473 attaching a name to the bottom metal but there definitely was for your action. To me, not matter how you want to spin it, the guy who bought the action they took back bought a USED action. Did they sell it as used? Did they charge you a return fee?
As far as how much you have bought from Euro, don't you think it is just as important to treat a first time customer with the respect you give a long-time customer? Isn't that how the former becomes the later?
I am not taking up for the OP nor disparaging EuroOptic, as I don't know the whole story (just the OP side), but it would appear to me your example only makes his case for dissatisfaction stronger.

I was merely relaying a different experience with EuroOptic's customer service, considering the OP's experience differs drastically from my own. I agree that a first time customer should be just as valuable as a long time customer. They treated me well enough the first time that I became a long time customer. We have only heard one side of this story...

I buy everything from them and have always been treated very well.

I remember buying the Bushnell ConX LRF from them when the price dropped to $399. I purchased it and a week later they dropped the price to $325. Wasn't super happy as I am a repeat customer. I gave them a shout just to POLITELY express my displeasure. They refunded the difference no questions asked!

Reactions: AIAW
I buy everything from them and have always been treated very well.

I remember buying the Bushnell ConX LRF from them when the price dropped to $399. I purchased it and a week later they dropped the price to $325. Wasn't super happy as I am a repeat customer. I gave them a shout just to POLITELY express my displeasure. They refunded the difference no questions asked!

Nice. Yep, I had the same thing happen too. It was with the S&B 3-27 actually. They were like $6,500 or so then they dropped a good bit two weeks afterwards. Took right care of me!

Reactions: Nik H
It's not the Company's fault you 1: ordered the wrong parts, 2: failed to notice within a generous 14 day return policy. Nearly all companies have a restocking fee and most are in the 20-30% range.
This is why research is so important in this trade

I've spent way too much money with Euro Optic and haven't had any problems. I'll most likely keep buying from both them and Mile High for a long time to come.

Did once order a mount that wouldn't fit the scope and Jason was willing to swap it out for me, but I wound up selling it to someone else for their scope and all was good.

Sorry, but if I am the buyer and the product has previously been sold to a consumer and returned don't try to tell me it's new. it is not new it is used. Imagine if you are buying a new car and you find out that the car had been previously sold and returned to the dealer, would you be happy? No car dealer who wanted to see my business again better try that shit on me.

Ding ding ding

I’ve got about $300K worth of returned inventory sitting in a warehouse that I can’t sell as new because it’s not, and in the eyes of the manufacturer I can’t sell it for under MRP even though it’s open box/customer return and nobody wants to pay new prices for used goods.

As soon as the packaging is open, it’s used. Simple as that. Make sure you’re buying the right shit first, don’t blame the retailer for your fuck up. I guarantee you they’ll take far more than a $60 hit selling it as a used/open box item.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I ordered Surgeon bottom metal from Europtics couple of weeks before Christmas. Got it fast, about a week before Christmas.
Holidays, shit happened and didn't really do any gun stuff till the weekend till new years. My bad, I ordered the wrong crap.
I needed CIP, not L.A. No problem, I'll just exchange except they don't have it So I'll return. Tried calling them Monday
the 31st, Closed. Called Wednesday the 2nd explaining my dilemma. Sorry, 15 day return policy. I explained the two 4 day
Holiday weekends and they waived that policy but charged me $60 cause it was used? I told them I never put a screw in it,
never put the mag in the metal, really?. Sorry I'm not buyin it. I didn't post this without first reaching out in P.Ms to Jason, Crickets!
So here it is.

I am looking into all of this and will have your sales guy contact you next week when he is back in the office,

That said...regarding your bolded words above...I have no PM history from you

I bought a set of badger rings, once I got them I realized they were the wrong height (my fault as I ordered them incorrectly) and they took them back no issue. Just did a straight swap for me for the rings that I actually needed and didnt charge me a dime.

Have always had awesome dealings with EuroOptic.

Always had great service from EO. Only problem I have is they keep posting deals on stuff I want:cool:!

I am looking into all of this and will have your sales guy contact you next week when he is back in the office,

Imagine that, if the OP is not completely truthful then one has to wonder where else reality may have been stretched.

Hi,

And just like that Jason lays it down:

1549566905751.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Diver160651

NOT ON THIS SITE!!!!! you don't! Never said it was here did I? Fact

I've only ordered once from EuroOptic and they were super responsive, fast shipping, and all. I wouldn't hesitate to shop there again.

Reactions: Jeffd
Ding ding ding

I’ve got about $300K worth of returned inventory sitting in a warehouse that I can’t sell as new because it’s not, and in the eyes of the manufacturer I can’t sell it for under MRP even though it’s open box/customer return and nobody wants to pay new prices for used goods.

As soon as the packaging is open, it’s used. Simple as that. Make sure you’re buying the right shit first, don’t blame the retailer for your fuck up. I guarantee you they’ll take far more than a $60 hit selling it as a used/open box item.

And......."As soon as the packaging is open, it’s used. Simple as that". In this day and age, particularly since this concept has been around for decades, why is this even in question or "unknown" by certain people ?

I bought a high end scope from our good friends in Elk Grove, CA. I called them ahead of time and said that I am very interested in the scope, but I have never actually seen or looked through one in person and would like to do that. I asked them if I can return it if I take it out of the box and look through it (without mounting/anything else). They said "sure" and we both agreed on the non-mounting/unused condition as criteria for return. They sent it, I opened the box and looked through it, wasn't what I was looking for, so I sent it back and ordered a different brand of the same, approximate value. The vendor was excellent/5 stars about it and I was quite happy with the way they treated me. I can't remember for sure, but I think they gave me their return freight rate for me to send it back to them, which was more than fair.

It always pays to do a little homework up front and in unusual circumstances, call the vendor ahead of time so that you are on the same page.

Reactions: leftyk82

Hi,

There is an easy solution to the did or did not in regards to PM.
Screenshot (And post the images here) the PM showing dates along with screenshot of Jasons' account at said forum showing he has been on the forum in question after you sent the PM.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Huskydriver
While I agree with Europtics I must point out how honest the OP was with them and us. I reward customer's who are honest with me by bending some rules. Maybe a $60 restocking fee but we'll give you a $60 credit to help. Give and take. They get to keep their policy intact and the customer gets out of jail so to speak but needs to purchase from them or pay the $60 and move on. Pretty fair for both sides.

This Thread needs to be shut down. This clearly is a customer caused issue and could potentially tarnish a companies reputation because of the ignorance of a customer. There clearly isn't a conversation to be had here.

If anything I believe it's actually positive for them. Look at how many people popped in here and commented without a single negative thing to say.

No better marketing to the educated than word of mouth.

This Thread needs to be shut down. This clearly is a customer caused issue and could potentially tarnish a companies reputation because of the ignorance of a customer. There clearly isn't a conversation to be had here.
AGREE

I was in best buy a few months ago... the guy in front of me handed the best buy customer service kid a micro laptop mouse and said "its broken and I want my money back"... no box, cords, receipt or anything... just the mouse. The best buy kid looked up his receipt, looked back up at the guy and says "you bought this over a year ago.. our return policy is 30 days and you didn't buy an extended warranty.. you can't return this" the guy proceeded to scream at him in the middle of the store... call him names, throw the mouse..pick it back up and storm out.

Moral of the story, that guy with his micropenis mouse thought he was so wronged by Bestbuy and that he should have gotten his money back... everyone else in line was in shock of how retarded he was for thinking he could return it and then degrading the 17-year-old best buy kid when he couldn't

Speaking of which..OP, have you tried returned any of these to best buy lately?

UMOUS003300_01_L.jpg

Reactions: diverdon

A reasonable/logical person would understand your comment of “first reaching out in P.Ms to Jason, Crickets” to denote the fact that you sent a Private Message to Jason with no response. Since the universal understandings of PMs are specific to forums (and social media) and you made your thread here, a reasonable person would assume you sent the PM on this platform.

Had you said “First reaching out by EMAIL to Jason...” we would have understood it was via email and not a private message through snipershide forum.

As Theis said, post up some screenshots or we all know....
DB491DE1-B65F-4CE2-8990-BB5351746929.jpeg

Reactions: high right
A reasonable/logical person would understand your comment of “first reaching out in P.Ms to Jason, Crickets” to denote the fact that you sent a Private Message to Jason with no response. Since the universal understandings of PMs are specific to forums (and social media) and you made your thread here, a reasonable person would assume you sent the PM on this platform.

Had you said “First reaching out by EMAIL to Jason...” we would have understood it was via email and not a private message through snipershide forum.

As Theis said, post up some screenshots or we all know....
View attachment 7020032
VeerG is good with photoshop if you need help making the pic's.

Reactions: Spblademaker
Status
Not open for further replies.