• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Euro Optics stiller 2500xr build

mattt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
northern California
Just bought the last one from there 40 rifle build from a few years back. Did anyone else get one of these and if so how did it shoot?

I have a 2500XS that I bought from Jerry. He made A SS filler for mag hole. I shoot ARA UL at club level. I’m usually in the top half of the group and have won a few. I really don’t know what the difference is between the XR and XS. Good luck with your new rifle.

It was the advertisement for these "Ultimate Trainers" on Euro Optics site that inspired me to buy a 2500XR action from Jerry Stiller in 2016 and build my own rifle on it. It took EO years to finally start delivering the completed rifles that they'd advertised, while I had mine together and shooting in a month or so. Jerry designed the XR action to actually work as a repeater, using a Savage 10rd magazine, which was supplied with the action. I was fortunate enough to find an Elite T4A stock on Manners' online inventory list that was an extra made just for EO's run of these rifles, so it had the correct inlet for the 2500XR. Only problem was that Seekins had designed & made the DBM for EO, but only made 40 of them, and had sent the CNC drawings & program for them to EO, along with the actual DBMs. I did some calling, but failed to come up with one of these units, so had to buy a standard CF DBM from Seekins, and modify it on my mill to fit the Manners inlet. I had a Krieger 22RF sendero blank and a PTG Ultimate EPS reamer on hand, so went to work.
I had no luck getting a Timney CE trigger to work with the 2500 action, so bought a Jewell HVR for it, which worked just fine. I mounted an Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope, bought a spare Savage mag from Brownells, and enjoyed shooting the rifle quite a bit. Only downside as far as I was concerned was trying to hit the magazine chute (which was up inside the stock bottom, out of sight) under time limits on some match stages. Mine fed, extracted, and ejected with practically 100% reliability IIRC, although I recall jbell had considerable trouble with extraction/ejection problems with his 2500XR.

I shot mine for one season, and then when Mike Bush announced that he'd sent cnc drawings to Jonathan Elrod for the conversion of Rem 40X/XB actions into repeaters to use his prototype V22 mags, I sent a beat-up old CMP40X action off to jelrod for the conversion, then barreled it with a Benchmark 3-groove bbl when it came back. I was so pleased with the resulting rifle that I sold the 2500XR rifle to another shooter and used the proceeds to convert a CMP 40XB action & built another rifle on that. I still remember how slick that Stiller action was though... That's the 1st 40X repeater that I built in a B&C #2095 stock, with the 2500XR rifle below it.

Attachments

• DSC_1133.JPG
    DSC_1133.JPG
    509.6 KB · Views: 111
thanks for the reply and info Flatland1 I shoot ir50/50 with a vudoo single but bought this for our fun gun matches after registered ones . It has to be mag fed 22lr