• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EuroOptic M24 rifles

LR-Shooter

Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Idaho
EuroOptic has had the M24 on sale for awhile now, everytime I get an email from them I am tempted to get one just to have. I honestly wouldn't shoot it much. If I remember right the price has come down alot from when they first got them and listed them. Anyone have one and how is it? For $2900 you could build a better rifle.

M24 here

For a real M24 it’s a really good deal and the ones I’ve seen have been great shooters. Yeah you could piece together a gamer gun for the same price but it all depends on what you want. If you appreciate stuff like that and want one $2900 is a tough price to beat. You couldn’t have one built for anything close to that and that’s assuming you could actually find a real M24 marked action.

I’ve been eying one myself, I had one built but not on a real m24 action. Just kind of expensive for what you are getting.

• Haha
Reactions: lockedandloaded
I personally think it’s the way to go if you want a real military sniper rifle. Guys spend a bunch of money on clones. Regardless of how good they shoot or how much they look like the real thing they are always gonna be a parts gun. The M24 gives you the genuine article for less than $3k and that’s not bad.

Reactions: TommyD11730
If they still have any after taxes are done in March I may get one. I have everything to load for 308 but no longer have one. Been shooting 6.5 CM since I got it

Oh yeah that would be a sweet 308 to get if I didn’t have one. I may talk myself into getting one haha

I have absolutely no interest or nastolgia for a a $2900 rifle that can be bested by my Bergara HMR Pro at half the price, even if Remington apparently makes them in a "separate section" of their factory. That means nothing to me. I get the idea of collecting, but $2,900 can do wonders in this stock market.

Reactions: Mk32784
I have absolutely no interest or nastolgia for a a $2900 rifle that can be bested by my Bergara HMR Pro at half the price, even if Remington apparently makes them in a "separate section" of their factory. That means nothing to me. I get the idea of collecting, but $2,900 can do wonders in this stock market.

First of all a Bergara is a POS shitbox of a rifle. Second, I don’t think people buying shitbox rifles are qualified to be giving financial advice.

First of all a Bergara is a POS shitbox of a rifle. Second, I don’t think people buying shitbox rifles are qualified to be giving financial advice.
Lmmfao wtf is a Bergara anyway? Isn’t it a foreign copy of the basic Remington design that has the firing pin that blows through It’s cheap bolt shroud? That’s the guy you want to take advice from 👍

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
Spend some time using a weapon to defend your life and the lives of your only friends and you might understand it.

Meh. I'd only be interested in one for the M24 marked action.
If they sold just the action or an A2 model profiled for the AE30, I would be all over it.

Meh. I'd only be interested in one for the M24 marked action.
If they sold just the action or an A2 model profiled for the AE30, I would be all over it.

I have to agree with you, that would be awesome. If I got this it would be something you would want to keep accurate to the original and right off the bat I would change things. The rail, DBM, bolt knob etc...

The M24 is great if you want a piece of history. After that, you are certainly not doing yourself a favor if you plan on blowing $2,900 that particular way for a target gun. The ergonomics aren't anywhere near what you can get these days, and the accuracy from one isn't going to blow your socks off.

I have an M24R for the history. I got it back when there were quite a few on the market for a decent price ($2,100 rifle only). Arguably it has a little more collector value than one with new parts, but shoots just the same as the new ones because the action and barrel are new.

Mine is a solid .9 MOA shooter with FGMM, both in .308 and 7.62x51...I never really checked to see if Federal actually loads these two differently or not. At least the .9 was extremely consistent.

It took damn near 150 rounds, but I finally found a handload that will keep groups down to .5 - .7 MOA consistently...occasionally throwing a sub-half MOA group, but not too often.

For about $3,200 totally invested (Leupy Mk4 M3 purchased separately) I'd have been a bit grouchy about the accuracy...but again, I have this for the history. For that, I'm not disappointed.

Reactions: LR-Shooter
I had an EuroOptic m24 and sold it after I picked up a G prefix m24. Great rifle and I agree it should be valued as a historic piece more than 'bang for your buck' accuracy. The current ASA1987 Guns are neat as they are all numbered out of 500. Serials are ASA19870001 to ASA19870500 etc.

I had an EuroOptic m24 and sold it after I picked up a G prefix m24. Great rifle and I agree it should be valued as a historic piece more than 'bang for your buck' accuracy. The current ASA1987 Guns are neat as they are all numbered out of 500. Serials are ASA19870001 to ASA19870500 etc.
They’re nice but I’d probably go with a mare’s leg like Steve McQueen packed in “Wanted, Dead or Alive” 😂