• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EuroOptics giveaway - questions

jtb33

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
PHX, AZ - USA
Don't want to post in the real thread, so I have a few questions:

1 - There are a LOT of posters 'entered' in the giveaway that have 1-2 posts and/or sign-up dates after the giveaway announcement. While many are undoubtedly legitimately new users who were forwarded the info, I'm also betting that there are quite a few shill accounts there. Is there any means to guard against shill accounts? IP comparison, exclude proxy users, etc?

2 - I have seen several people that have posted more than once in that thread - some just posing a follow-up comment for some reason and others to say that they go so-and-so to "Like" it. Are people who posted more than once going to be disqualified?

Re: EuroOptics giveaway - questions

Additionally, how long will the winner have to respond until a second winner is drawn? I know me personally will be out of town and with no internet access from 0 dark thirty Friday morning until late Sunday. Not that I'll get picked, I've never won anything in my life, but just a general question anyways for others.

I am using a random number generator, maybe I will grab the Euro Optics "friends" page and use that, or maybe I will simply manually input the one time I see "done" I haven't really decided.

But its not going to be a case where the winner is #2309 and he posted more than taking up space #1201, #340, etc... I basically I have to assign a number for each person, which list I go by really doesn't matter, but if I use the thread, clearly it has to be done manually.

Honestly people really shouldn't be concerned that someone "gamed" the vote, its about as random as it gets and just in case a few "wives" liked it and posted does it really matter. The point is "a member of the SH Community" will win the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - Is there any means to guard against shill accounts? IP comparison, exclude proxy users, etc?

2 - reason and others to say that they go so-and-so to "Like" it. Are people who posted more than once going to be disqualified? </div></div>

1. Yes. I can tell you that "shill" accounts are not allowed on the 'Hide, and it is something that is tracked and dealt with.

2. Doubt it. I didn't see where it said we couldn't comment in the thread, and I didn't see where anyone was intentionally trying to pad the giveaway with more than one comment.

3. Do you have a tinfoil hat? If not, you need to get one. And do it soon, before it's too late. Just don't ask why you need one, or else...

Have a good night,
-Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jtb33 said:
3. Do you have a tinfoil hat? If not, you need to get one. And do it soon, before it's too late. Just don't ask why you need one, or else...

Have a good night,
-Chris </div></div>

The tinfoil helmet offers more protection.

more than one hider per family using same computer doesnt constitute shill accounts, just a cool family. just sayin.

Thankful for the giveaway. Just wondering if there is a benefit for Alex/Euro optics for having more "Likes" on Facebook. Does it make them look better, or lead more piople to the site. Regardless, Alex does great business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thankful for the giveaway. Just wondering if there is a benefit for Alex/Euro optics for having more "Likes" on Facebook. Does it make them look better, or lead more piople to the site. Regardless, Alex does great business. </div></div>
When you "like it", your friends will see it, leading more traffic to their FB page and from there to their business site.

I am guessing you could also send special offers through Facebook.

Yes. I won. Except, they didn't notify me yet. I'm sure it's a clerical thing and I will receive the happy news shortly.... Kidding, of course.

Lowlight has not chosen the winner yet. Pretty sure he is going to do later in the day, tomorrow.

so now that kdivers won the scope all the like entries before 3501 get dropped out for the rifle drawing right? or do the whole 6999 get a chance at it?