• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Even If You Don't Speak German...

How many cars would I have to wreck to be comfortable driving like that?

I have wrecked a few trying to drive like that, one was a 77 Chevy caprice, the other a 75 Chrysler Cordoba. I think I'd like to take the Porchse for a test drive.

do you guys not get out much? It's not even going that fast. It's just low on traction and big on power. Rear wheel drive and a nice stout motor makes that sort of thing pretty easy. Counter steering isn't as unintuitive as you might think. Anyone wanting to try it should check out your local SCCA autocross circuit. You'll learn how to handle the power in the turns at parking lot speeds (well, ish) and you can do it in a regular street car.

do you guys not get out much? It's not even going that fast. It's just low on traction and big on power. Rear wheel drive and a nice stout motor makes that sort of thing pretty easy. Counter steering isn't as unintuitive as you might think. Anyone wanting to try it should check out your local SCCA autocross circuit. You'll learn how to handle the power in the turns at parking lot speeds (well, ish) and you can do it in a regular street car.

Most parking lots don't have sheer drop-offs and granite walls. I'd like to see you try it in your Cavalier, if it is so easy.

4 cylinder pinto in the snow is about the same. control wheel spin with counter steer. own a big block mustang and Utah winters and you will learn quick. I would like about 10 min testing and then no problem. I enjoy driving my F350 at a 45 degree angle to the road but going straight down the road in the winter (empty road of course). Wife is a party pooper and makes me engage 4x4 just when I am having fun.

997/2: Actually, I don't race on the circuit anymore but I used to do ok and that video isn't racing or even drifting. It's just burning tires and not in any special way at that. You can tell the driver isn't in a rush, that's for sure. If you want a free high performance driving lesson come on out to California and ping me when you're here. We'll take you out to the track and teach you how to properly drive a performance car so you're not afraid anymore. Your boorish attempt sarcasm notwithstanding, I can't have you consumed with irrational fear your whole life. It's not fair to you.

On a separate note, if you think what's lining the sides of the roads makes even the slightest bit of difference you're not thinking very clearly about it. Off-track is off-track is off-track.

I have a 2.0L Jeep Patriot. You can imagine the high-speed driving I accomplish. I'm lucky to be going the speed limit by the time I get off the on-ramp. :) I've never spun my tires in a turn.

Ole friend of my wife and I from racing ATVA national MX & TT would laugh at this! John Angel is his name and hails from Elisabeth CO. He won pikes peak in 2008 & and had raced it for 10 years prior -his first year he "backed" his quad off the mountain just above the tree line at elk park in practice @ 50mph and broke 10 bones in his back and screwed his arm up pretty bad too. 2nd oldest race in the USA besides Indianapolis

Drive an awd SS Silverado. For a pickup, makes most driving boringly monotonous.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm kind of bored with that video to be honest. I watched the whole thing thinking something cool was about to happen.

Used Porche GT3 for sale. Only driven back and forth to the grocery store. New tires and recently detailed!