• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever cut yourself doing primer picket uniform ing?

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
E50B2486-CE4B-46D7-A1E5-C61F2F5B1EBD.jpeg
E50B2486-CE4B-46D7-A1E5-C61F2F5B1EBD.jpegUsing an electric drill to uniform primer pockets. One caught on thetool and spun and my finger was pressed into the chamfered neck of the brass. Be careful!

Google it. Supposedly makes the primer pocket more uniform and helps with consistent ignition, sort of like the name. Worth it? I don’t know, but it is a great tool for cleaning the pockets. I’m starting to like aSupersubes reply! It is a Pain in the ass!

Google it. Supposedly makes the primer pocket more uniform and helps with consistent ignition, sort of like the name. Worth it? I don’t know, but it is a great tool for cleaning the pockets. I’m starting to like aSupersubes reply! It is a Pain in the ass!
That was a little hide humor on clcustom’s part.

I haven’t uniformed or cleaned pockets in years. Some of my brass is well past 20 firings. No issues whatsoever.

Reactions: bmash
Ouch!! I have never caught myself like that....but it'd be easy to do. I usually use a paper towel or something in my hand just to help grip the case.

I agree...I can't prove it helps. But I do it on every case before every load. The first is the "toughest" as you're removing some brass. But it does a great job cleaning the pockets after firing.

Don't know why I never had the power attachment. I've done them all by hand with the Sinclair handle till now. Getting back to reloading and shooting and have the Sinclair power adapter in my shopping cart now actually.

On brass with a butt load of of miles I have to cut the pocket deeper Because the primer with start to stand proud.