• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever eaten dog?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I know ssome y'all haave been stationed in Korea. Ever tried it. From the photos it looks liek they have one breed of meat dog. At one level I suppose its just meat...but then so are people. Somehow I cant see eating Nikita...unless I was absolutory starving..

As South Korea plans dog meat ban, farmers threaten to ...​

1701254811155.png
    South China Morning Post
    https://www.scmp.com › This Week in Asia › Politics

5 days ago — South Korean dog meat farmers have threatened to release 2 million dogs near the presidential office as the country inches towards legislation ...

Reactions: 91Eunozs and Balor
    I had it cooked 3 ways at some joint in Hanoi. Based on that experience I don't recommend it for anything other than novelty or survival. It tasted like the smell of wet dog. Latin American nations should adopt the practice and clean the streets of their scabby, mangy, homeless mutts.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    In 1992, I did a missions internship in Pusan, following a Korean pastor around. He was invited to a special anniversary party by one of the church guys, so of course, I went with him. Nice home, high income folks.

He spoke English very well, so he politely suggested that I might want to "only eat the vegetables". I stuck up my hand & made an animal head with my fingers & went, "Arf! Arf!" and he busted out laughing...

I am here to report that it looked and tasted just like roast pork... absolutely delicious. I ate about 3 platefuls.

Things that came out of the ocean, however... Like sea cucumber, for example, are not my thing. I dont even like lobster very much.

Here in the Ozarks, people in times past have eaten raccoon, possum, turtles, etc. and were happy to get it. Eating dog is no big deal. Some people eat mountain lion.

Korean dog is a special breed they call "shit dog". Its a medium/small orange dog with a curly tail. No idea what exact species it is.

I was riding my bicycle out in the country and pinned down a snake with the front tire. Some old guy ran out & grabbed that thing in a new york minnit, making humping actions & laughing. Snakes have a reputation for very long copulation, I guess...

Yup. Once in S E Asia. Didnt know it at the time. Wasnt that bad. Better than some of the LURPRATS. loL

In 1992, I did a missions internship in Pusan, following a Korean pastor around. He was invited to a special anniversary party by one of the church guys, so of course, I went with him. Nice home, high income folks.

He spoke English very well, so he politely suggested that I might want to "only eat the vegetables". I stuck up my hand & made an animal head with my fingers & went, "Arf! Arf!" and he busted out laughing...

I am here to report that it looked and tasted just like roast pork... absolutely delicious. I ate about 3 platefuls.

Things that came out of the ocean, however... Like sea cucumber, for example, are not my thing. I dont even like lobster very much.

Here in the Ozarks, people in times past have eaten raccoon, possum, turtles, etc. and were happy to get it. Eating dog is no big deal. Some people eat mountain lion.

Korean dog is a special breed they call "shit dog". Its a medium/small orange dog with a curly tail. No idea what exact species it is.

I was riding my bicycle out in the country and pinned down a snake with the front tire. Some old guy ran out & grabbed that thing in a new york minnit, making humping actions & laughing. Snakes have a reputation for very long copulation, I guess...
    I reckon anyone who eats bats would have no trouble with a dog. Good story.

I tried racoon, a bit gamey for my taste. My grandmother cooked up an Opossum. Grandad tried a couple bites then threw it out in the yard and letthe cat eat it.

Reactions: Mudburner
    Somehow I cant see eating Nikita.
    I couldn't do it
    I would share my last bits of food with Gus n Cash
    gus n cash again.jpg

…Latin American nations should adopt the practice and clean the streets of their scabby, mangy, homeless mutts.
    There were tons of food carts and very few stray dogs running around the old city in San Juan PR back in the early 90’s when I was there. Pinchos were the don’t ask don’t tell delicious street food of choice on the walk from the clubs back to the base. 😁

• Haha
    I never tried it, but have seen dogs for sale in the markets in Korea..........

I've eaten a lot of stuff. Coon and opossum....opossum trapped and fed table scraps for a couple weeks. My grandmother called it "purging". Anyway, never had dog. I'd have to be real hungry to try a stinking yote. But no doubt if hungry and times called for it I'd eat a lot of things not mainstream.

South Korea, Vietnam, and China

Korean dog sucks as it was made into a soup. Much like any boiled meat, it was bland and unappetizing. Vietnam dog was roasted, I think, and was a lot better. You couldn't tell it was a dog until you ate it. China was in the middle as it had a spicy flavor

South Korea, Vietnam, and China

Korean dog sucks as it was made into a soup. Much like any boiled meat, it was bland and unappetizing. Vietnam dog was roasted, I think, and was a lot better. You couldn't tell it was a dog until you ate it. China was in the middle as it had a spicy flavor
    Musta had a different cook. Mine was roasted and tasted very good.

Reactions: Balor and Nik H
    Had dog in the proper circumstance in South America during stupidity in the bush. We had no food and partner forces went all "ven aqui perito" to some mutts.

Tasted like how stinky ass wet dog smells. They were bled, skinned, roasted over open fire and then fried a little bit again with like no seasoning. It was protein but not the best.

Equador 1983 Mr Lion was running his presidential campaign on stopping factories from making hot dogs with dogs. Many times by some mysterious reason, I found myself eating hot dogs or meat on a stick at 3 a.m. Also BBQ guinea pig is a popular dish.

Reactions: Mudburner
    Have not intentionally eaten fido in years of work and recreational travel around the world, but it’s possible I did but didn’t know it. Folks gotta get their protein somehow… Had a stir fried rat dish in northern Thailand a few weeks ago, actually delicious to my surprise. Enough garlic and chili, and it’s hard to know whats on the plate.

I know that many years ago, China was to adopt a resolution to allow farmers and ranchers to raise St Bernards as food animals. This lent extra weight to the fictional book title, "101 Was to Wok Your Dog."

• Haha
    If it was dog meat or starvation I guess I would.

I've skinned a bunch of coyotes. They all smelled like a blend of sweaty socks, wet dog, and blood. If there was a way of guaranteeing the smell wouldn't transfer over to the taste... And I'd have to be awfully hungry. And every coyote I've skinned had way more fat on them than a bobcat... Not sure if that would be a plus or minus when it came to taste.

I've eaten raccoon meat. It was chopped up and had BBQ sauce added... Basically bbq sandwich meat. Completely edible if you can forget there may be worms in the mix.

That bright green slime that leaks out of possums is just a deal breaker for me.

Mike

• Haha
    Eaten lots of weird shit over the years, dog was never one of them.
    Don't like duck, squirrel, rabbit....etc.
    Do like buffalo, rattlesnake, octopus...etc.

It's probably more how it's cooked and presented than anything tho....

I'v eaten a few dogs in my day but that was after consuming a lot of Jack Daniels just before closing time......

Reactions: Dirty D and Maggot
    Saw this in a back country market in northern Vietnam a few years ago….I’d pretty much have to be starving.

IMG_8501.jpeg

Laugh all you want.

During the Corp of Discovery Trip (Lewis & Clark) they traded with the Indians to aquire dog meat rather than eat Salmon in the Pacific North West..
    DaFUCK?!! I’m gonna have to read up on that cause that’s just pants on head crazy. Motherfuckers didn’t want salmon?
    tenor.gif

DaFUCK?!! I’m gonna have to read up on that cause that’s just pants on head crazy. Motherfuckers didn’t want salmon?
    tenor.gif
    Its true. They were pretty big into eating dog.

I've read the journals more than once... As they were originally written.

Added note: L&C were smart guys but horrible spellers... they would misspell various words differently every time they wrote them... I had no idea there were so many different ways to misspell mosquito. (Not really a fair criticism since their journals predated Webster's dictionary by about 25 years )

They're worth reading. But see if you can find a version that has been edited with modern spelling. Otherwise you spend half your time trying to figure out what's been written.

Mike

tenor.gif
    This. Salmon, cooked right, is one of the best meals you can have. High in vitamin E (I think thats the one)

Things would have to get pretty bad before i even think about eating a dog. And i mean pretty bad. Like end of the world and im starving type of shit.

Reactions: Cat pitch
    Nope and never will, though i know for sure they do eat dogs in asia and some part of africa. Just too much for me.

Reactions: Milf Dots