• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EVERY person who has a SWFA 5x20 get in here NOW!

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
do you hate your stiff parallax control?
do you hate it has no grip?
do you hate its near unusable when wet or cold?

well look what you have come your way SOON! from the maker of the ADDMount
[URL]http://www.aadmount.com/
[/URL]
it will be priced low enough that even the DIY guy with the rubber inter tube on his will want one..
Price tag TBA, but it will be EXTREMELY reasonable, and im a cheap bastard!

i was given the opportunity to test this, and it is FANTASTIC.. its stiff to get on, but locks on and wont come loose or slip.
its modeled to match the groves on the existing ring and has a cutout to see your yardage numbers.
its textured to give a good grip even when wet or if you have gloves on.
and its paintable if you need to.

if you want to be on the last to get these ASAP, i suggest emailing Jon on the link for his page.

Nice! But I think I'd prefer the parallax had some type of cat tail as well. :) It's that friggin stiff.

Thanks guys. Yes, it also fits the illuminated knob.

PPic2.jpg

Hopefully this will help out the people who find their knobs harder to operate than they'd like. I've got them up on the site now for pre-orders: Parallax Gripper for SWFA 5-20X50HD . Expect them to ship in about three weeks.

Yeah I sent mine back (2 of them) and bought an NF 3x15, never looked back.

I ordered one a couple months ago, loved it except for the set-in-concrete parallax, and after fiddling with it for a few days based on SWFA's instructions, sent it back for a refund. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one to find it ridiculous.

It pisses me off too, if it weren't for that I would probably own at least two of them, everything else was terrific. Are you listening, SWFA?

Now if only we could get Jon to make some 34mm rings and some zero moa unimounts. ;)

Definitely interested.

I have 2 5-20x50's. One is stiff, the other is downright unusable. I'll have to jump on a pair of these when Jon has them available.

Very impressed with his 30mm AAdland rings. Ran them in a match this weekend, the high ones clear the AICS AX chassis just right with the 5-20x50hd.

Attachments

• bp_2_D7K_5833.jpg
    bp_2_D7K_5833.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
What I noticed on both of mine is when its pretty cold outside its harder then a mother #(#*&$# to twist it but not impossible to twist. Then when it warms up it get pretty decent to twist it. But I'm in for two when available.

Thanks for all the interest, guys. All orders have shipped and we have more in stock. For those ordering more than one--our shopping cart isn't real smart so it charges shipping for both. Until we get that figured out, we will refund the appropriate amount and ship them together. If you aren't in a hurry and want them shipped regular mail to save more money just drop us an email and we'll make the change.

When you guys get them, don't be disturbed if they're sort of a bitch to get on there--they're made really tight so they don't rattle around/wiggle once they're on. Installation is a bit more difficult but once they're on you'll like them better this way.

Thanks again, hope you guys like them.

Just got my parallax gripper from aadland in the mail today and installed it. It makes a HUGE difference for the better. I'm super pleased with mine.

innovative device, my question is why does a company need to produce a product to help fix what appears to be a common issue/concern with the scope? I'm not bashing by any means whatsoever, My good friend has one and I've played with it and really like it and he absolutely loves it. I'm only asking out of curiousity, is there something in the mechanics or design that really just doesnt lend to changing in the scope design, or is it just simply more economical to put out a product to help with stiff paralax knobs rather than readdress the mechanics in that particular area of the scope?

edit- I may have misunderstood, I initially thought SWFA is who is making this thing

Last edited:
Whoa, I jumped to this post because I expected some off-topic hilarity, but VJJ actually said something serious. I'm shocked. . . someone must have hacked his account ;)

The parallax on my 5-20 was pretty stiff also then one day I just cranked it back and forth several times until it loosened up a bit. Of course I haven't had it out in the cold since then... Wrapping a zip tie around the knob might work also, like a mini cat tail, if you can't get your hands on one of these.

Last edited: