• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Everyday Sniper Podcast Ricochet Rabbit Edition

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

Man I am on fire this episode, ranting away like a lunatic

Enjoy

This episode’s drinking game: take a shot every time Frank says “ricochet rabbit” 😂

As usual, great episode 🍻

I musta missed a session:

(1) Who are what is a Ricochet Rabbit
    (2) What's the deal with the 8 twist in the PRC/Norma?

Everyone has been playing video games and hates artillery. Artillery: The original long range precision!

edit: I thought I was old but I guessed I missed some good toons back in the day. I was a bugs kid

Can you break out the Light, Medium and Heavy calibers here please?
    I believe IIRC, "Small" was Short Action Non-Magnums (223, 6.5 Creed, 6s, 308) (think 600 and in)
    "Medium" Was Magnums especially the 30s (6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, 300 Norma) (1500 and in)
    "Large" was 338 Lapua Magnum and above. (2500)

Reactions: ScottPriestley
    Frank spoke about short magnums needing bigger and longer threads. What actions out there meet this requirement?

Frank spoke about short magnums needing bigger and longer threads. What actions out there meet this requirement?
    I thought he was referring to the Norma sized calibers and the need for a larger barrel/action interface. Any of the actions from the aftermarket that are marketed as lapua actions will usually use a bigger diameter barrel tenon. I used a Badger Ordnance M2013 for my 300 Norma because it also has a longer tenon with more thread engagement. Surgeon also makes a good lapua action.

Holy shit Mr Galli, you're a genius! Great podcast! I'd love to ask you a few questions pertaining to practice I continuously work on thanks to your tips I've seen on YouTube etc.. and thanks a million! PM me if I could ask a couple of questions. Keep rockin' those podcasts!

Holy shit Mr Galli, you're a genius! Great podcast! I'd love to ask you a few questions pertaining to practice I continuously work on thanks to your tips I've seen on YouTube etc.. and thanks a million! PM me if I could ask a couple of questions. Keep rockin' those podcasts!
    Not being a dick, but you could just pm him the questions and see if he answers...

Medium Actions like a Tikka

With the Short Action Magnums, you want a tiny bit more action

Any chance of getting AI to make Ricochet Rabbit's dream rifle? Medium length in 6.5 PRC with shortened forearm AT-X chassis, rifle wt. <12#?

Listening to this podcast
    The Rabbit

Ever try a Rifle 10 drill? That's about as Ricochet Rabbit as you can get. Start at 300 and shoot 2 shots on a USPSA target. Run 25 yards and fire 2 more. Run 25 yards and fire 2 more. 25 and 2 more and finally, run 25 and shoot two more but this time, from standing. Par time is 2 minutes with zero hits outside the A zone. Ten shots strung out over shooting positions spanning 100 yards. That will get your blood pumping. It is an old Jeff Cooper drill and it might be interesting to modify it for precision shooting. Maybe make the ranges longer and use steel instead.

I’m behind, but I’m catching up and have my supplies to listen
    89B6B3C5-4A8F-48A4-AFC0-2B939E698A3B.gif