• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Everything’s a disaster

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
So this past weekend the Mrs and I were scheduled to go to the OBX for a weekend of food and drink and beaching. TS Ophelia was heading up the coast and ALL the news organizations predicted mayhem. Massive flooding, power out for weeks, no drinkable water, floods not seen since the time of Noah.

Reality check…..drove to the OBX on Fri. Rain on the way down from Va. Arrived around 3 PM. Little wind and rain. Folks doing their thing. Restaurants PACKED. NOBODY gave two 🖕🏻about Opfeelia. No flooding, no power outage, no carnage. Oh! Guess what….no fucking news people anywhere either besides their home studios at CNN and weather channel telling how the world as we know it was about to end!

Hmmmm….suppose this translates to COVID outbreak in the recent headlines?

Best I go get my booster before power goes out, rivers flood, no food in the stores, gas out of tanks, medicine not available, banks close, birds can’t fly…..

Get the pic?

Had to laugh. Left both boats on the lifts and the "storm" center went by maybe 10 miles from the dock. All they talked about all day on the news...just dying for a big hurricane. They forgot they can't fool folks in NC that see them all the time. Nobody even pulled a boat out in my area. Sustained winds 40's gusts 60's...not much to coastal NC. Now the transplants......impending doom scared them to death. Kind of the opposite of how snow affects us and them. Every storm this year the same way....one before this one was supposed to be a monster maybe a level 5. Sustained winds never got above about 45 or 50. Everything is hyped well beyond what it is and everything is about your safety.

I read your first sentence as "bleaching", not knowing what OBX or TS Ophelia was, things went down hill from there!

"Flooding since the time of Noah". Had to start over......made more sense the second time.

• Haha
Reactions: JM4590