• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Everything wrong with the world today in one picture......plastic rant

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
What you see is just how it was in the box. Right on top. This crap pisses me off to no end.

One single scrap of paper inside a plastic bag.

WHY?!?!?!

You don't need a plastic bag to put a bit of paper in I am going to toss. Now I have another thing to toss out, or more likely burn, like what happens to most plastics, they are burned. If you don't know plastic does not recycle real well, very poorly as a matter of fact. It works so well that the Chinese even refuse to do it. That alone should tell you something.

Oh but you say, it has that little recycle symbol on it.....wrong o' bucko. That symbol tells you what type of plastic it is made out of. Doubt me look up plastic types symbols, sure looks a great deal like a recycle symbol don't it......and that is by design.

Not shocking at all 90% of what you have been told is a lie. But why? As usual follow the money.

Just incase you missed my last rant on this bullshit as it was in the middle of another thread, here are a couple videos on the subject, one even from a former "main stream" media guy, admitted he has gone off the res. I really like the second video, good info in there, plus she is kinda cute too.

1686309035367.png

You're mad because they sent you something in an unnecessary plastic bag, and you came to sniper's hide to bitch about it?

There must to be a "recycling makes me angry" forum out there somewhere dying to read this shit, but you brought it here. Interesting choice.

You're mad because they sent you something in an unnecessary plastic bag, and you came to sniper's hide to bitch about it?

There must to be a "recycling makes me angry" forum out there somewhere dying to read this shit, but you brought it here. Interesting choice.
Well he hasn't recycled that VW motor. It makes a great display stand

I feel you... but mostly because now I need to dispose of it, and that costs me time and money.

I remember in the late 70s there was a movement to reduce single use and unnecessary packaging. Then suddenly the the scam of recycling was born and that movement quietly died. Recycling became the rage. The problem is folks never really understood the difference between recycling and reusing or repurposing.

As a hunter and a lover of nature and this planet, I don’t need to be a radical like Greta or AOC to see the result of what this single scam has done to our planet.

I remember in the late 70s there was a movement to reduce single use and unnecessary packaging. Then suddenly the the scam of recycling was born and that movement quietly died. Recycling became the rage. The problem is folks never really understood the difference between recycling and reusing or repurposing.

As a hunter and a lover of nature and this planet, I don’t need to be a radical like Greta or AOC to see the result of what this single scam has done to our planet.

When plastics really came on scene there was a real problem with people re-using them. This was a real big issue. "They" needed for everyone to buy more and more plastic. So a big push to just toss the stuff. Then a few years later came all the "trash" and Keep America Beautiful stuff, with crying Indians (actor who played the indian was from Italy) and the public got a very bad outlook on plastics. This also needed to be fixed, so this recycle sham was brought forward.

I agree with you, I don't hunt anymore but I can see things like bio degradable shot gun shells being a good idea. I by no means want them forced upon us, but if you can afford the shells why not. You are not going to collect all your hulls in a boat shooting ducks, it is just not going to happen. On the other hand I am not a fan of commercial use of things like True Velocity ammo "Plastic ammo". In a military type deal sure, I am sure that any of the people that had to hump all that crap would love the same loadout to be any lighter that it could be and give you the same ability as before. But I see brass, really all metals as the perfect recycle material, same with glass.

Again there is a fairly common theme with my thinking on many things. Be smart about it. You don't need to put in a plastic bag a slip of paper telling me there is something under the last bit of foam, just put the paper in there.

The really sad thing is some people can't see the big picture. What this is a picture perfect example of. One day you might get it....hopefully. Then you might know the reasons behind the things that make you "angry". I would expect they are the exact same things this photo is an example of.

I could use the phrase I could explain it but you would not understand, but I hate that phrase. It says I don't have the ability to explain something in a way you could understand it, and says you lack the ability to understand the issue at hand. In this case the latter may be accurate.

I will just say I don't want to waste the time trying to explain it to someone who very likely can not grasp complex global issues, but thinks he does.

He could "thread Karen" my Veteran's Memorial thread. Oh wait, you beat him to it.
You are confused about participating in a thread and complaining about it’s mere existence or because someone brought up something you just don’t like.

The really sad thing is some people can't see the big picture. What this is a picture perfect example of. One day you might get it....hopefully. Then you might know the reasons behind the things that make you "angry". I would expect they are the exact same things this photo is an example of.

I could use the phrase I could explain it but you would not understand, but I hate that phrase. It says I don't have the ability to explain something in a way you could understand it, and says you lack the ability to understand the issue at hand. In this case the latter may be accurate.

I will just say I don't want to waste the time trying to explain it to someone who very likely can not grasp complex global issues, but thinks he does.
No, I'm glad you typed that. You misunderstand me entirely. I don't give a shit about plastic or microplastic, or plastic pollution, or anything related to it. It makes me laugh when we discuss what is biodegradable, because we toss that label around based on what is broken down in a human lifetime. The idea that we are ruining this planet is the biggest scam ever played in the history of this planet. If we were exterminated tomorrow, everything we ever created would disappear within a few thousand years. This planet is billions of years old. Everything we ever built would be soil in no time. We are so pumped up on out own self importance that we pretend we are capable of fucking up the planet, while we are one small hiccup away from extermination. One small shift in temperature or oxygen and we are all gone overnight. The earth wasn't even habitable by humans for about 95% of its existence due to the co2 levels. Meanwhile in Asia, they use their rivers as landfills, and you're concerned about a bag that you could chew up and swallow without a chaser. I'm not uninformed, uneducated or uninterested. For the most part I was just busting your balls, but in the grand scheme of things, that little plastic bag should be the least of your concerns..

Reactions: Milf Dots
Warning labels in general have become more funny than helpful, my personal favorite is the California warning on ammo that the lead in the bullet can cause cancer, I hate to break it to them but if the bullet lead ends up in your body cancer is the least of your immediate problem.

Used to love the plastic bags at Walmart. Now if I don't remember to bring MY OWN, depending on my mood, I'll ether walk out with my arms full, or I'll buy one of their bags and profit them. You want to talk pollution, talk to China!

No, I'm glad you typed that. You misunderstand me entirely. I don't give a shit about plastic or microplastic, or plastic pollution, or anything related to it. It makes me laugh when we discuss what is biodegradable, because we toss that label around based on what is broken down in a human lifetime. The idea that we are ruining this planet is the biggest scam ever played in the history of this planet. If we were exterminated tomorrow, everything we ever created would disappear within a few thousand years. This planet is billions of years old. Everything we ever built would be soil in no time. We are so pumped up on out own self importance that we pretend we are capable of fucking up the planet, while we are one small hiccup away from extermination. One small shift in temperature or oxygen and we are all gone overnight. The earth wasn't even habitable by humans for about 95% of its existence due to the co2 levels. Meanwhile in Asia, they use their rivers as landfills, and you're concerned about a bag that you could chew up and swallow without a chaser. I'm not uninformed, uneducated or uninterested. For the most part I was just busting your balls, but in the grand scheme of things, that little plastic bag should be the least of your concerns..

You miss my point as well. I see this example as just "feeding the machine". A plastic bag used for no other reason then to use a plastic bag. It was really to comment on that. Doing something that stupid to just "use more". I would not be shocked to find a law somewhere that requires it. That is a fraction of a cent on every unit that would be profit otherwise.

I am not really concerned that this will destroy the planet, I will argue that it is an issue, and the reasons behind why it became an issue I also have a problem with.

I am still not sure I am explaining this well. I see the bag as stupid, and am bitching at the stupidity I guess.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
So our local dump(on reservation) had a recycling plant burn down. Mysteriously. They kept picking up the recycling bins as usual and the trucks went to the dump. So covid hits and they say they cannot take recyling anymore and that the blue bins would be taken to the pit(they already were). Dumb ass white people were freaking out! Well i was putting trash in the recycling bin anyways because i knew better, as i had visited the dump on a few occasions during this time and witnessed first hand.

Neighbor sees me doing this and gets upset, so i laid the information on her dumb ass, and she says "well, even if its true, its the principle of the idea". Lmmfao karen. I laughed in her face and told her to keep up the good fight. Ahhhhh, i hate people.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I throw my bagged grass clippings in the trash. Never know if they'll pick up or not.

You are confused about participating in a thread and complaining about it’s mere existence or because someone brought up something you just don’t like.
Distracting from the intent of a thread is what the issue is. Instead of celebrating, you shit on the idea. With no real knowledge other than it bothers you. I'm just defending my position. You dragged me in.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Years ago our county switched on trash pick up day to recycling. The blue containers they provided quickly became a second trash can.

Asked my trash guy about how they do the recycling once. Part of his reply was how their recycling plant could only process somewhere around 30% of the recyclables they received. The rest went into the dump with the regular trash.

Here, it seems to depend on prices for recycling.

Sometimes we get separate trucks, sometimes the same truck takes both cans.