• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

exact differences between the 6.5 RSAUM and 6.5 SAUM 4S

dhbikerczar

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2014
I'm trying to figure out exactly what the differences are in these two wildcats. Does anybody have dimensions etc that could explain all the differences and exactly what they are?

You need to go and read the long thread dedicated to this cartridge. IIRC, the 4S has the chamber cut which requires neck turning.

The GAP 6.5 SAUM 4S comes in both turn and no neck turn versions. I've only seen one print other than the GAP version and there isn't much difference. IMO the GAP version reamer dimensions fit what I was looking for as far as sizing die fit for a set of Redding 7mm RSAUM dies I already owned. Didn't see any reason to reinvent the wheel when GAP had already done the legwork.

Last edited:
The GAP version was setup to be used with Accurate WSM mags. Mid last year (June July?) GAP shortened the lead to .081" to allow more room to chase lands. I went with the .081" version.