• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Excellent Zeiss warranty service

Mhosking

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2019
I recently purchased a Zeiss LRP S5 5 X 25 scope. Really happy with the scope, great glass, love the turrets and reticle. However, after sighting the rifle in and setting the zero stop the elevation turret marks did not line up with the delta indicator. I contacted Zeiss and they had me send it in. They sent me a new scope with a turn around time of 8 days including shipping both ways. Excellent response time and communication throughout. I guess you can argue it probably shouldn’t have shipped like that, but they certainly took care of the issue very quickly.

Attachments

• 859278A1-6589-42D0-8FCC-E999C4D09C87.jpeg
    859278A1-6589-42D0-8FCC-E999C4D09C87.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 120
Happy to hear you were taken care of. Have been considering buying one of their new LRP S3 scopes. Appreciate you sharing this feedback as helps inspire confidence in purchasing Zeiss products.

This is good to hear. My dad just dropped my brand new scope (same as yours OP) on the concrete garage floor and damaged the objective threading (sun shade popped off and damaged the threads on that part of the scope).

He feels really - extremely - bad but I’m hoping the warranty process will get me situated. Told him not to worry about it and that I’d take care of it no matter what. Still going to take him out for Father’s Day too and crush some beers/scotch.

Reactions: Milf Dots and Ichi
I just thought I'd follow up here to say that Zeiss also sent me a new scope to replace my damaged LRP. Really pleased with how they take care of their customers.

Reactions: FuhQ and Milf Dots
You aren't supposed to buy Zeiss because the warranty on electronics is only 5 years and doesn't compare to Chinese Athlons.
The Japanese made (LOW) Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 would be more of a fairer comparison which also has a lifetime warranty same as the Chinese Athlon including it's electronics.