• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Exciting scopes coming from Bushnell the ERS & XRS Gen II

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Shot this weekend at K&M and was fortunate enough to have Bryan Sikes as our RO shooting with us and helping us out. Awesome guy and shooter, couldn't commend him enough. I noticed a particular Bushnell on his rifle, to which i asked and he told me it was the new XRS, same glass as Gen II Razor and NF ATACR. So i assume LOW. Format is similar to the DMR II, though with half mil numerical indicator on the turret, instead of just a larger hash. Throw lever is integrated as well. I only looked through it once but it was substantially better than the ERS gen I i used today. This must've been what ETZoomin was referring to, which i suspected. A good friend in my squad also compared it to his Gen II razor and said it was just as nice. Now the big question will be price. Because if it's retail is below that of it's competition (Gen II razor & ATACR) you'd be hard pressed to find a better competition oriented scope for the money. I think Bushnell could be poised to shake the market up a bit. They'd be offering a solid line up from 1000/1200-1500-2000+.

Here it is. I didn't ask on the finish, but i assume it will be their black/FDE finish. Should've gotten more pics but we were running through stages pretty fast and i didn't pull out the phone much. IMG_1097.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: Snowcapped
    I hope like hell they unfucked the zero stop, other wise they can keep it. That's the thing I hate the most about my ERS.

I've not actually looked into the zero stop for the DMR II i assume it's different considering the turret design isn't locking. I have a first gen ERS and while it's more complicated than some i don't think it's that bad. Not with the instructions from Accuracy tech. Of course my first scope that had a zero stop was the SN-3 so the ERS doesn't overly bother me.

I agree the zero stop on the ERS is not bad. The Accuracy Tech instructions were a huge help. The directions from Bushnell were the biggest problem I felt like I need to have one thumb up my butt while standing on my head to set the zero stop the way Bushnell wrote them. The zero stop is different on the DMR II.

Well now that the cats outta the bag so to speak, how 'bout it ETZoomin, can you tell us more about the change in the glass, etc?

This was from Bryan's instagram post he just made about the scope. I can't seem to embed on this site to post the image like i could scout (which was the only positive there).

"A brand new scope coming from Bushnell. The XRS2 featuring high end ED Prime glass, low profile turrets, simple Zero stop, build in throw lever, locking ocular focus ring and 30x"

So there is the cue to the easy zero stop.

Last edited:
    Is Bushnell faster than some of the other manufacturers at bringing announced products to market? I may be interested in this if it isn't going to take a year to get one.

Is Bushnell faster than some of the other manufacturers at bringing announced products to market? I may be interested in this if it isn't going to take a year to get one.

Not faster in my observation but maybe ETZOOMIN can give us an expected availability as well. Hope he made the jump over from Scout. Come on ET, we're all hanging here.....lol.
    ​​​​​

Bushy for the win...? Much interest in seeing MAP for these!

Offer this cheaper than the GenII Razor and I'm in. The Razor made me quit even looking at scopes above $3k. I love my old HDMR, but have held off on Bushnells newer offerings until they lowered their turret profiles. I know that's a bit silly since I have the BEAST, but I see the Bushies as small, lighter weight options, so a big turret on a small scope never made sense to me.
    I could see selling off some very expensive glass to "step down" to nothing but Vortex and Bushnell. A 3-18x would be awesome as well, since I'm wanting a replacement for my Mk6 without the weight of a Razor.

That scope looks sweet! I like the low profile turrets and i's pretty compact? I'd be interested if it was <$2000. The color looks like the Sig Sauer line-up?

Last edited:
    No the zero stop isn't terrible, but Vortex ruined me no need to have anything more complex than that. If the new Bushy has something similar, and at a price point cheaper than the Razor I'm officially interested.

Will, is there a new reticle by chance or was it the G3. I have been thrilled with my DMR II-i but this has really caught my interest especially with all the new features. The Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 has always intrigued me but the 48oz has not, at 11oz lighter this XRS II-i may persuade me, but I do wish Bushnell would come out with a .2 mil hash reticle

Bushy for the win...? Much interest in seeing MAP for these!

That is probably my biggest interest as well. The issue here will lie in pricing. If bushnell can come and undercut the Gen II 4.5-27 with the XRS II and 3-18 with the ERS II it will be well worth it. Say Athlon pricing, so 1800-2000$ would be hard to pass up. I'd also like to see the weight comparison between the two. I wonder if they even field an updated ERS? Now that i think about it, they probably just stick to the XRS and leave the DMR II to fill the ERS' shoes.

Will, is there a new reticle by chance or was it the G3. I have been thrilled with my DMR II-i but this has really caught my interest especially with all the new features. The Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 has always intrigued me but the 48oz has not, at 11oz lighter this XRS II-i may persuade me, but I do wish Bushnell would come out with a .2 mil hash reticle

I'm almost 99% positive Bryan said it was the G3. And i looked through it and the G3 is nearly identical to the G2 in respect to the layout, so i assume it was. Eyebox felt similar to my ERS though i didn't go all the way to 30x to see how sensitive it was or if i lost some light/clarity, like the current XRS. I should've got behind it more. I was mainly looking to see the glass difference and it was apparent.

I actually had a clarity issue on a KYL stage with my ERS. A 1 MOA circle at 405yds in the shade with little to no paint left on it, was very hard to see.

Been looking at upgrading scopes, this thing looked amazing in person and I'm definitely in whenever the first group buy happens at launch!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5RWill
    Locking windage also, which is great. At first glance i figured it wasn't locking.

I've not actually looked into the zero stop for the DMR II i assume it's different considering the turret design isn't locking. I have a first gen ERS and while it's more complicated than some i don't think it's that bad. Not with the instructions from Accuracy tech. Of course my first scope that had a zero stop was the SN-3 so the ERS doesn't overly bother me.

The DMRII is a simple adjustable rev limiter. It is just like the LRHS zero stop. I agree the ERS zero stop is not bad, but I have had a couple lock up on me and have to be sent for warranty repair. It also has a specific process, reading instructions kills people, instead of loosen set screws move zero stop tighten set screws. I really like the DMRII. I am also interested to see what you get for the extra money.

Looking forward to this because it means I might be able to pick up a Gen 1 ERS on close-out cheaply, crossing fingers...

With the features provided by the DMR2 I gotta wonder what the necessity will be for a revised 3.5-21x ERS?

I was wondering the same, i assumed there would be an ERS Gen II but i'm starting to think that assumption is wrong. Thinking about it now it's likely the DMR II fills the role of the ERS and the XRS II sits on the 2000+ lineup by itself. But there might be an ERS II, idk we'll just have to see.

So the XRS2 is going to have better glass than the DMR2?

Yes. Bryan told me same glass as Vortex and NF are using. I interpret that as LOW which means extremely good. I should've gotten behind it more. But again i wasn't the only one to notice. One of my friends in my squad was using his Gen II razor and looked through it and said he couldn't tell a difference.

DMR II glass to my understanding is largely unchanged other than the coating change which wjm noted in his review which fixed the low light issues the ERS exhibits.

With the features provided by the DMR2 I gotta wonder what the necessity will be for a revised 3.5-21x ERS?

The Hides own Bushnell rep (ETZoomin) says there will be an ERS II and that they have some "tricks up their sleeves", but I agree, if its only a "glass" upgrade with everything else being the same I'm not sure how well that would sell with how good my experience has been with the DMR II; one has to ask, is the glass really worth that much more. The big difference between the DMR and ERS were the improved mechanics but now that they've upgraded the DMR II to have similar (if not better) mechanics than the current ERS then where does that leave the ERS for improvement? My hope is the ERS is redesigned to possibly be shorter/lighter and have LOW glass as 5RWill theorizes.

Reactions: 5RWill
    I'm almost 99% positive Bryan said it was the G3. And i looked through it and the G3 is nearly identical to the G2 in respect to the layout, so i assume it was. Eyebox felt similar to my ERS though i didn't go all the way to 30x to see how sensitive it was or if i lost some light/clarity, like the current XRS. I should've got behind it more. I was mainly looking to see the glass difference and it was apparent.

I actually had a clarity issue on a KYL stage with my ERS. A 1 MOA circle at 405yds in the shade with little to no paint left on it, was very hard to see.

That is my biggest disappointment in my ERS. I love the reticle, can live with the turrets and tracking is great but trying to see small, unpainted targets is a PITA.

The zero stop on my DMR II is simple. I imagine it would be somewhat similar on the other gen 2 scopes.

wow, i just ordered the gen2 razor, maybe i should cancel and wait for this one?

Very interested on pricing as well.

wow, i just ordered the gen2 razor, maybe i should cancel and wait for this one?

Very interested on pricing as well.

If you need a scope now i'd stick with the Gen II we don't really have an idea when this will be out.

im in no rush haha. i have others to keep me entertained =)

Basically just decide the features you'd rather have then. Glass for all intensive purposes is going to be nearly equal. Gen II will likely be heavier, has locking turrets, and IMHO a better reticle. I prefer the EBR-2C to the G2/G3, but i do like the G2/G3. Bushnell is likely 13oz or so lighter. Eyebox on the XRS II felt just like my ERS so i'd have to give that nod to the Gen II as well. Not that the ERS isn't comfortable, it is, it's just not quite as comfortable as the Gen II. I'll be looking to get one for my AR10 or .223 trainer in all likelyhood. Soon as i can sell my ERS after this match this weekend i'll be needing a scope for my rifle, given what Gen II razors are going for that will be what's going on it, less that ERS/XRS is about to be released soon. Which i don't think it is as Bryan said they were slowly introducing them now.

Last edited:
    Basically just decide the features you'd rather have then. Glass for all intensive purposes is going to be nearly equal. Gen II will likely be heavier, has locking turrets, and IMHO a better reticle. I prefer the EBR-2C to the G2/G3, but i do like the G2/G3. Bushnell is likely 13oz or so lighter. Eyebox on the XRS II felt just like my ERS so i'd have to give that nod to the Gen II as well. Not that the ERS isn't comfortable, it is, it's just not quite as comfortable as the Gen II. I'll be looking to get one for my AR10 or .223 trainer in all likelyhood. Soon as i can sell my ERS after this match this weekend i'll be needing a scope for my rifle, given what Gen II razors are going for that will be what's going on it, less that ERS/XRS is about to be released soon. Which i don't think it is as Bryan said they were slowly introducing them now.

ive done so much homework before ordering the gen 2. my biggest thing was that I wouldn't use this particular rifle much. maybe 10x yearly or slight less. i then looked into cheaper options but said what the hell just buy it and enjoy it right?

ETZoomin I hate to be "that guy," but I'm gonna be. Can you give any time frames on the XRS? Maybe a, "it will be out in less than three months," or am I just grasping at straws? HAHA!!! I just have a rifle that the 4.5-30 mag range would be perfect for, and was just going to pull the trigger on a Gen 2 3.5-21 when I stumbled upon this post. Couldn't have been better timing for me, but if the XRS is far off, I'll still grab a 3.5-21.

Go to your boss, tell him/her those bastards (a nice chunk of Bushnell Tactical's customer base, ehem, cough, cough...) are on a need to know basis, and right now, those bastards need to know everything!!! ;) Thanks!

ETZoomin I hate to be "that guy," but I'm gonna be. Can you give any time frames on the XRS? Maybe a, "it will be out in less than three months," or am I just grasping at straws? HAHA!!! I just have a rifle that the 4.5-30 mag range would be perfect for, and was just going to pull the trigger on a Gen 2 3.5-21 when I stumbled upon this post. Couldn't have been better timing for me, but if the XRS is far off, I'll still grab a 3.5-21.

Go to your boss, tell him/her those bastards (a nice chunk of Bushnell Tactical's customer base, ehem, cough, cough...) are on a need to know basis, and right now, those bastards need to know everything!!! ;) Thanks!

FALex I am doing everything I can! I hope to hear back on some stuff today that will be beneficial to all here! Trust me, we want you guys to have the knowledge you need and as soon as I get the "go" I will be "Going" . Stand by!

Reactions: FALex
    It seem like the parallax turret is unnecessarily large. Does it seem to anyone else that it's larger than the windage turret? I can't say I love that. Maybe I just have delicate sensibilities.

It seem like the parallax turret is unnecessarily large. Does it seem to anyone else that it's larger than the windage turret? I can't say I love that. Maybe I just have delicate sensibilities.

There's more "stuff" on that side to accommodate the illumination controls.

Other optics companies have put the same "stuff" in the parallax turret without the kind of width that it appears to take up here. Maybe the angle of the picture makes it look more pronounced than it actually is though. It's not a big deal, but my preference is certainly for a narrower form factor. I don't mind the height of the elevation turret on an optic at all, or the size of the windage turret. It looks like the turret size in this optic is very similar to the Vortex Gen2 which is nice.