• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Exo K3 frame vs SG Xcurve

Raufoss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
Missouri
I need opinion and advice of owners of Exo K3 frames and Stone Glacier Xcurve frame.

I have a curved back ( I can fit my hand and almost my closed fist behind my back) and I'm hesitating between the Exo K3 4800 and the SG Sky 5900.

For those of you that own and use those bags , what can you tell me?
how is the EXO lubbar pad? Is it as soft as people say?

The exo k3 is an amazing pack system I keep wanting to sell mine as I'd like to use other packs like SG or kifaru but can't gey myself to enjoy any other frame.

Also I'll add I can also fit my first behind my back. I tried the kifaru curved stays and they were the exact opposite of what I needed, apparently if you got a curved back you need the semi flat stays. They have a video on it I wish I watched sooner, I might if liked my 357 a bit more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raufoss
I have a Exo K2 that I really like. As far as fit I believe Exo gives you 30 days to try it out and decide if it will work for you. It came down to SG and Exo for me and I liked the exo bag layout better.

Thanks guys, even tho I wanted initially the Exo K3 I’ve decided to go with the SG Xcurve.

I like the Kiowa 3200 also so I’ll grab the sky 5900 and switch bags in the frame.

Reactions: lr123
I have and currently run EXO K2/K3, SG X-Curve, Kifaru semi-flat, Seek, Mystery Ranch and Barney.

Each have their + and - depending on what I need at the time.

Truely, it boils down to fit and how you want to organize you gear. All are overbuilt and can handle just about anything you throw at them.

Weight/haul limits? Only limit is your body; all can handle your body weight and them some.

But, if I had to grab one pack for EVERYTHING and SHTF, Barney.