• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Exotic hunting in Tx black buck my 1st

NOmag

NONE
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2007
earth (the hot part)Dallas, TX
I had an opportunity to head down to the Spanish Gourd Ranch in Bracketville Texas this past weekend with single.shot from here on the hide. Last January we were allowed to go down and harvest one doe and while I was hunting I saw a black buck and got the exotic fever and started saving pennies until now.

Fridty we drove down and started a 3 day hunt that was amazing to say the least. Within the first hour I saw a buck that was easily takeable and would have been a great mount but I waited. The ranch is right at 5000 acres so I was treated to some of the best south texas land I could ever imagin seeing and the animals were amazing. I had many opertunities on lots of different animals but either I couldnot get steady or I / we / something around would spook them. I also found out how jumpy black bucks are as well as how tough they are. We hunted until Sunday night and finally had what I could not believe happen but a blacdk buck decided he was going to run straight at us ( not sure what was going on behind us) but he was the one and I was ready for the shot this time so I took it. I have to say the ranch was run by some of the best people I could have ever meet and Keith was an amazing guide putting up with my pickyness and helping me as a somewhat novice hunter. I have done some hunting and gone on a few trips but I have never stalked and animal on an open ranch or had to chase them like we did. Anyway on to the pics.

The 300 winny with the SAS can
IMG_6783_crop_resize.jpg

nomag single.shot and my new black buck
IMG_6778_resized.jpg

skinning time the dog is charlie girl and she loved this part??
IMG_6797_crop_resized.jpg

single.shot's fiance took this picture this is the only pic that shows entry and no exit. See the tiny red dot on his left shoulder
tom_BB_resized.jpg

Re: Exotic hunting in Tx black buck my 1st

Nice,

I have been wanting to go down and shoot a Gemsbok, found a ranch in TX with them but they want 5k for a trophy, Hell Iraq is a hop skip and a jump to wherever this critter may live I am sure I can stop there on my way home and smoke one and still come out cheaper with airfair

Tom did a great job, this particular weekend the animals were very difficult to hunt. I swear they know when your hunting them and not.

In addition to the crafty BB we were chasing, a HUGE 30+" axis in velvet teased us for about 15 seconds. Between me yelling "shoot that F**ker and Tom saying my damn gun is tooooo long, the deer smiled and flipped us his tail.

Great job Tom, look forward to doing it again!

KT-Spanish Gourd Ranch

Have been to the Spanish Gourd. It is a hunters heaven.

Those little black buck are a ton of fun to hunt, congrats on a nice one.

Nice!

My daughter and I love to hunt exotics here in Texas and the BB along with the Axis are our favorites.

Lots of great ranches to hunt with varying degrees of difficulty based on range and terrain.

If you enjoy hunting BB, you might ask the ranch owners if they are offering discounts on their broken horn BBs. Typically, they will offer a decent price reduction and it makes for an interesting euro mount and conversation piece on your wall.