• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Expanding case mouth with Lee FL die after priming

jcmaxwell

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2020
Macon, GA
So I bought some new brass online and got it all primed up and ready to load and the first bullet I went to seat got cut up pretty good. Upon further inspection, the case mouth I.D. was reading 0.220 or 0.221. I ran one of my once fired cases through my full length sizing die and took a measurement and the I.D. was 0.224. So since I've already primed a group of these new cases, is it possible to run the primed cases up into the full length sizing die just enough for the expander ball to open up the case mouth without knocking out the primers?

I guess I should also mention that I have already chamfered and deburred the case mouths of all the cases that I am preparing to load.

Yes it is. Just remove the depriming pin if it is removable and or move the expander ball up into the case further. No problem.