• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Experience with 260 Remington Ammo?

Ruggedtouch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Looking for some advice from those more experienced than me. Just bought an AI AX in 260 remington. I'm going to order a box each of Hornady, Federal and Black Hills in various bullet weights to see what shoots best. Not being a hand loader, is that the drill - buy quality match ammo and shoot it?

Ah, thanks. I watched an earlier video where the HMFIC tested the 260 Prime and recommended their ammo.

A friend like Hornady .260 match and it's $23.57 at Midway right now.
6.5PRC-1-768x477.png

I have a shooting buddy that loves the Federal 142 match load. Both the Hornady 130s and the Federal 142s shoot about .6 out of my factory 20 inch Tikka. The problem I had was that I couldnt get over 2600 FPS with either load.

Reactions: Badfinger
I have a shooting buddy that loves the Federal 142 match load. Both the Hornady 130s and the Federal 142s shoot about .6 out of my factory 20 inch Tikka. The problem I had was that I couldnt get over 2600 FPS with either load.
I do want to try the heavier bullets. I'm hoping my 26" barrel will provide the velocity to take advantage of the higher BC.

Another to try is Copper Creeks offering with the 142 SMK. This was extremely accurate and consistent in my 26” AI.

Reactions: Badfinger
I have a 20" Tikka CTR and my go to is the Hornady .260 match with the 130 ELD followed by Prime with the 130 then black hills. Copper Creek is excellent but more expensive. So, I would try all and stick with the best you can afford.