• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Experience with 3Gun Experience?

Bolo

Apprentice of Disaster
Minuteman
No, the title is not me stuttering.... I recently found out 3GE is a thing.

My club is looking for new and innovative ways to bring more new shooters into the fold, and this kinda looks like the ticket. We're even considering an Airsoft division (threw up in my mouth a bit there).

Other than what's in the NRA materials (inbound), does anyone have any tips or tricks on course setup or "local rules" that make it extra fun or challenging?

TIA.

I think 3 gun is dying, I could find plenty a few years back but its much tougher now.

3 gun isn't dying out by any stretch, there isn't much for organizations... USPSA is a good source

Another would be UML which is small but growing..

3-gun Nation is dead and gone from what I have seen, they were a major player for a while...

Good luck, 3 gun can draw a crowd for sure.

Reactions: Bolo
I would look at Brian Enos forum for 3 gunvsrage designs tips and tricks. Also look at the Outlaw 3 gun rules

• Love
Not 3 gun, but I used to run a rim fire “multi-gun“ match a couple times a year a few years back to introduce new shooters to the run and gun game without them having to invest much. Had two categories, optic and irons. All stages were fairly simple but had options to shoot different ways. All used both rifle and pistol, started at low ready and the other gun staged. Made most stages were you would have to reload at least once with mags staged. Mixed it up with both close and fast targets as well as distant smaller targets to make you slow down and aim. It was pretty well attended as most everyone has a 22 pistol and a 10/22 or similar. Even had experienced run & gun folks attending as it can be a lot of fun with just rim fire.

Not 3 gun, but I used to run a rim fire “multi-gun“ match a couple times a year a few years back to introduce new shooters to the run and gun game without them having to invest much.

Uh, the cheapest way to introduce people to run and gun games is to go shoot USPSA. A plastic holster, a belt, two mag pouches, three magazines, and a pistol is all you need. Most anyone has most of that, only maybe having to buy one more mag pouch or one or two mags.

Indiana has a 3 gun series. There is like 15- 20 matches over the year. This year there was some difficulty in getting people to show up, but think that was just due to covid.