• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Experience with Christensen Arms USA?

SurgeonPredator

barrel boy
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
South Germany
www.lothar-walther.de
Hey everyone...

planning to purchase my first (and only) 1911, something unique, easy on the eyes. Set my mind on a damascus steel handgun made by Christensen Arms. Had a chance to handle such a beauty on a gun show over here and talked to the int'l sales manager. This was a year ago. Now I finally made up my mind to go ahead with the purchase and was wondering if any of you guys can recommend the company, share their experience and possibly give first hand reviews of their product quality in general.

The whole purchase will be a difficult endeavour already, as customs and regulations in Germany and the USA are not made for importing guns the easy way.

Since the 1911 is an American handgun, I thought I have to buy it in the States. I can not simply travel to the US and go into a store, so I have to go the long way and have a company import the pistol for me.

I could buy a German damascus steel 1911, but this is not an option for me, as those are not made in the US of A (and that statement from a German!) :D

Thanks in advance for any help/insight or suggestions!

Stay safe!

Andreas aka SurgeonPredator

I do not have experience with Christiensen 1911s, unless you are deadset on Damascus I would also look at Cabot Guns, their machine work is impeciable and they feel like they are on ball bearings. The offer a Damascus 1911 but for a lot of money. Other than that I think a Wilson Combat would be a safest bet and you could get a 1911 made to almost any specificiation. If you have indeed already made up your mind I am sure you will be happy with the purchase

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk