• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Experience with IOR Valdada 16x42 fixed scope

Helmet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Central California
I am considering getting one of these soon. Anyone have any experience with this model? It's one of their least expensive scopes.

Re: Experience with IOR Valdada 16x42 fixed scope

I have one on a 50 bmg and I really like it. The glass is as good as a 16x mk4, if not better. Clicks are very positive and it tracks perfectly. Love the reticule and the tube is Steel! Only cons are it not made in USA and turret zero is awkward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubledelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on a 50 bmg and I really like it. The glass is as good as a 16x mk4, if not better. Clicks are very positive and it tracks perfectly. Love the reticule and the tube is Steele! Only cons are it not made in USA and turret zero is awkward. </div></div>Thanks for your imput. I'm mostly interested in this scope because I don't feel I could afford this level of glass on any other scope with at least this much magnification. I also like the steel tube. Since I can't afford a US Optics ST-17 TPAL for a few years I was hoping this would be close enough for awhile. I'm glad to hear about the positve clicks and the tracking.
Is their any way you could explain what you mean by "turret zero is awkward". Thanks

be glad to. to zero the turret, first you loosen the 2 screws on top the turret knob. then rotate the dial (the part with the moa marks) while holding the knob from turning....which would move the bullet impact. clear as mud?

its not really a problem, but its different than most scopes

"then rotate the dial...while holding the knob from turning" LOL!
Not really, but you are the 2nd person to tell me it's not a problem so I believe you. I'll find out 2 weeks or so. I decided to get one from Scott@liberty Optics. I'm trading in a Vortex
4-16 PST SFP as partial payment so I will have to send that to him 1st. I should have it sent in the mail in the next 2 days.
Thanks for trying to explain it to me. I'm sure I'll know exactly what you meant once it's in my hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubledelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on a 50 bmg and I really like it. The glass is as good as a 16x mk4, if not better. Clicks are very positive and it tracks perfectly. Love the reticule and the tube is Steel! Only cons are it not made in USA and turret zero is awkward. </div></div>thanks a lot.
g.gif

You'll love the glass quality and the reticle. I keep one on an SVT 223 and it was briefly dismounted to try on my Leupold MK4, after torquing it back on it maintained zero...the Leupy went another direction as I like the IOR too much on that rifle. Mine has covered turrets, which I don't love along with the zeroing procedure, but its a small con.

Yours has covered turrets? Do they all have covered turrets? I just assumed they had Finger adjustable knobs.

Mine has covered turrets (threaded cap). I think they all do. With the cover off the turret is finger adjustable. Kind of like an m1 with a cap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubledelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine has covered turrets (threaded cap). I think they all do. With the cover off the turret is finger adjustable. Kind of like an m1 with a cap. </div></div>So is it a problem if you just leave the covers off? How do you feel about them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubledelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like the lens covers, I leave them off when shooting. When I'm done I replace them just so they don't get lost. </div></div>That's what I needed to hear! I'm mailing off my PST scope in the next 3-4 hours as a trade in. I can't back out after that. Sounds like they are just some kind of added protection for the turrets when not in use. Correct? Thanks for sharing all your experience with this scope. You've been a big help.

I had one for a whial if they made a MIL MIL version I would have one now. The glass is very good and the scope tracked great for me. Its prob the best scope at its price point.