• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Experience with JP MR-19 Rifle

Lsume81

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2022
South Louisiana
I'm considering the JP MR-19 rifle for a combination hunting and LR target rifle out to 1000 yards. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle in 6.5CM or 308? It comes standard with a 26" barrel, I'm considering ordering it with a 22" or 24" so I can more easily run a suppressor. Any thoughts on how it compares to other rifles in this price range, +/- $6000. Would you recommend any other rifles for this application? The hunting is mostly Whitetail, Antelope and hogs. Will likely use a ZCO 527 scope. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

JP is a maker of high quality, high precision arms renowned for innovation and performance.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I should have added that I already own a JP LRP20/LRP07 AR10 model in 308 and a JP SCI20 in 223. I really like both guns and they perform very well. I'm considering the MP19 bolt action based on my experience with JPs gas guns. But I have not seen their gun mentioned in many of the discussions about long range folding bolt guns on the forums. The reviews you can find on the internet of the MR-19 are good, but I'd like to hear any actual experience Hide members have had with the gun, good or bad. Thanks.

At a $6K budget you have a lot of options- practically everything is in that price range. I have hunting rifles and I have target rifles. Whenever I try to cross them, I end up with a compromise I'm not happy with. Be honest with what you want/need and go from there.