• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Experiences with Hawkins Precision rings?

Mooncake

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
Central Mountains, CO
A friend of mine who is a rifle builder of some renown is rebarreling an old Rem 700 action for me (300WBY mag) and I'm going to mount an ATACR 5-25x56 but I've been wanting to drop the pic base for some reason. I fell in like with the NF direct mount before I saw that it doesn't come in 34mm for some dumb reason. Looking around I found the Hawkins "long range hybrid rings". Does anyone have any experience using these -- or any Hawkins rings?

I have a couple sets. Top quality rings for sure with level built in (a feature I really like)

I would place them as good or better than anything out there.

Good luck!
DT

Very high quality. His stuff is top shelf. You'd have to check with him to see if he's still making 34mm hybrids.

Hawkins Precision are the best rings IMO, the only ones I use. I prefer the Long Range Hybrids with 25 MOA can't, they mount directly to the action which means no picatinny rail is needed. I currently have 3 pairs of Long Range Hybrids; 34mm with 25 MOA cant, 30mm with 25 MOA cant and 30mm with 0 MOA cant.

Last edited:
Thanks to the relevant posters. I found the set I needed at Red Hawk Rifles after talking to Hawkins: LR Hybrid 34mm 25moa high.

Looking forward to giving them a whirl.

Bigdude, was lapping necessary for your several sets of these rings?

Best rings out there in my opinion. Have several pair. Great product from a great source.