• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Exporting small parts and ITAR

aishooternz

Privates
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
Dog Town
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice regarding getting some small parts sent to NZ. My problem is all the companies that have what I want wont ship here and the ones that will dont have the parts. I can understand this as we are pretty small fry in the scheme of things but the good news is I have a good friend in CO that is willing to forward parts to me.

The parts I'm looking at are 2 x kimber 84m firing pin springs, 6.5 mag box for the kimber and possibly hrd 6mm mag spacer kit, but they are currently out of stock, and a pair of grovtec push button qd swivels. None of which I can obtain locally.

I actually have to get an import permit for the springs and mag box because they are so dangerous according to our new laws, smh. I am pretty sure the swivels are ok though ?

I've heard about an under $100 exemption from a post here but then found a website that says that you still need to do some kind of forms etc which they will gladly do for 50us for the 1st item and 40 for each after that so I dont know what to believe and I'd rather not have her commit a felony for a few dollars worth of spares. So I thought i would ask here as there are a few hide members that seem to deal with ITAR on a day today basis.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Mike

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice regarding getting some small parts sent to NZ. My problem is all the companies that have what I want wont ship here and the ones that will dont have the parts. I can understand this as we are pretty small fry in the scheme of things but the good news is I have a good friend in CO that is willing to forward parts to me.

The parts I'm looking at are 2 x kimber 84m firing pin springs, 6.5 mag box for the kimber and possibly hrd 6mm mag spacer kit, but they are currently out of stock, and a pair of grovtec push button qd swivels. None of which I can obtain locally.

I actually have to get an import permit for the springs and mag box because they are so dangerous according to our new laws, smh. I am pretty sure the swivels are ok though ?

I've heard about an under $100 exemption from a post here but then found a website that says that you still need to do some kind of forms etc which they will gladly do for 50us for the 1st item and 40 for each after that so I dont know what to believe and I'd rather not have her commit a felony for a few dollars worth of spares. So I thought i would ask here as there are a few hide members that seem to deal with ITAR on a day today basis.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Mike
Mike,

My very simplified understanding of this ITAR situation is that if parts are supposed to be mounted onto the firearm, such parts are very likely subjects to ITAR regulations and fees. On top of this, exporting company is supposed to register with State Department as an "exporter" for $2,500/year. And then, who knows what else is needed to be perfectly O.K. while shipping all this regulated stuff to foreign buyer. Too much time and money is needed just to find out...

Naturally, many small U.S. companies do not want to get directly involved into the export business.

Boris
Borka Tools

Reactions: aishooternz
I got a few Aussie friends also bitch the same thing that getting all the little race parts for there pistols like trigger upgrade parts ..etc . . There all over the internet to buy, but no one will ship them out to them . bad enough they jump threw all the hoops to get there ( way over priced ) pistols there .
It like your saying, if you got no one in the states to forward the little shit to you, your kind of fucked, unless you find an importer who wants the hassle to bring them in, but then he is going to to 3-X markup the MSRP on them, and then your just fucked again .

I got a few Aussie friends also bitch the same thing that getting all the little race parts for there pistols like trigger upgrade parts ..etc . . There all over the internet to buy, but no one will ship them out to them . bad enough they jump threw all the hoops to get there ( way over priced ) pistols there .
It like your saying, if you got no one in the states to forward the little shit to you, your kind of fucked, unless you find an importer who wants the hassle to bring them in, but then he is going to to 3-X markup the MSRP on them, and then your just fucked again .

Too true every time I see a ruger rpr for $800 in the US and then see the older version for sale here for $3k it makes my piss boil. I dont mind someone making a profit but sometimes I feel they could at least use a bit more lube..