• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extended aw mag

jimbob_walker

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
Conneaut lake pa
Just wondering if anyone has made a extended aw mag. My curtis will only run aw so I had to go to the drawing board and come up with my own solution. 15 rnd aw works flawless.

Just wondering if anyone has made an extended aw mag. My curtis will only run aw so I had to go to the drawing board and come up with my own solution. 15 rnd aw works flawless.
A bit of a DIY discussion with a couple/few pictures would be appropriate with that post. Or was that just bragging?

I guess I was alittle bragging, but at the same time hoping some others have some cool ways they have modified. I can't give away all my secretes. I guess I can throw in a picture.

Attachments

• received_920865879062115.jpeg
    received_920865879062115.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 91
I used a mig. I didn't have any argon to tig it. It's not a hard process.

I was just kidding about it being a secret.

The kicker is what it cost to build. $160 for 2 mags, $90 for 2 hrd kits just to make 1 mag. It works but not worth $250. Definitely couldn't ever get my money back out of it.

I used a mig. I didn't have any argon to tig it. It's not a hard process.

I was just kidding about it being a secret.

The kicker is what it cost to build. $160 for 2 mags, $90 for 2 hrd kits just to make 1 mag. It works but not worth $250. Definitely couldn't ever get my money back out of it.
Well, there’s a guy that posted his version, complete with description, method and pictures that did it; in the CDG action thread. He only used one AW mag, one Area 419 mag extension (milled), a new follower, and four screws. No welding.

If you have the time to skim through lots of pages to find it, it probably would be worth it.

Now that I have left over parts, a 2nd one would only take the purchase of 1 more mag and hrd kit. I'm interested in the process of the area 419 extension. My friend has a 3d printer and he's an engineer. I'm going to see if he has a cheaper idea

Here you go, post #2153 and post #2164, with some discussion in between and afterwards:

It’s a nice clean job. I was wrong in that it uses detent set screws and not screws.

I like that. Smart to put the set screws at the corners. Only thing I'd be concerned with it is the hrd kit would have space inside the mag extension to possibly kick back and bind the follower. I may have to try it to see what it'll do. Definitely awsome for full length cartridges.

I'm surprised more people haven't experimented with them. Or told about it.

I just can't get aics to feed dasher in my curtis. Ordered a terminus zues to see if it'll feed both mags as he claims. Hope it does.