• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extended mag latch necessary for Vudoo magazines?

Roslyn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Recently installed a Vudoo barreled action in an American Rifle Company Xylo chassis. The mags don't feed reliably, the bolt routinely rides over the top of the exposed round. I don't have any history with Vudoo actions so this is new to me.

It seems obvious an extended mag latch would fix the problem, but before I start taking things apart thought to ask whether I am diagnosing this correctly. Are extended latches a common requirement for Vudoo actions?

And is it necessary to provide fore and aft support so the mags don't shift when cycling the bolt? I have a Lone Peak Fuzion action in an MDT chassis, and could swap the two rigs if that makes this simpler to solve. The MDT chassis came with small dowels that can be inserted into the mag well to help support the magazine, and has an adjustable mag latch.

The rig is a laser, if I can get a round in the chamber.

Would appreciate any guidance.

If the bolt is riding over the rounds in the mag then yeah it definitely needs to come up some. .22s in general can be finicky feeding but it seems like that one needs some adjustment. I have had my Vudoos in Manners with mini chassis and they run and now have two in MPA chassis and they run unadjusted also. the easy button would be to just swap the chassis you have as you mentioned if that is good with you.

Yes, for factory mags the longer latch is recommended. The L3I Elite mags have an adjustable latch on the mag itself

I don't have an arc chassis but if you're using a bottom metal it prefers the the longer latch and same with the bravo. I would assume the arc is the same situation

I don't have an arc chassis but if you're using a bottom metal it prefers the the longer latch and same with the bravo. I would assume the arc is the same situation

The Manners and MPA must have longer latches then as never any adjustments needed for them and that's 6 different Manners with mini chassis and three MPAs.

So what company do you work for that you are thinking of making magazines for Vudoos?

The Manners and MPA must have longer latches then as never any adjustments needed for them and that's 6 different Manners with mini chassis and three MPAs.

So what company do you work for that you are thinking of making magazines for Vudoos?
L3I has been talking about it since we've already done the trouble shooting. Were so small it's always hard to launch new things since we basically have to save up enough cash to try things out lol

Reactions: Rob01
Thank you all. I will start with the swap into the MDT chassis and go from there. Reading the L3i web site that looks like a good solution, will pursue it as well.

Really appreciate the help here.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Recently installed a Vudoo barreled action in an American Rifle Company Xylo chassis. The mags don't feed reliably, the bolt routinely rides over the top of the exposed round. I don't have any history with Vudoo actions so this is new to me.

It seems obvious an extended mag latch would fix the problem, but before I start taking things apart thought to ask whether I am diagnosing this correctly. Are extended latches a common requirement for Vudoo actions?

And is it necessary to provide fore and aft support so the mags don't shift when cycling the bolt? I have a Lone Peak Fuzion action in an MDT chassis, and could swap the two rigs if that makes this simpler to solve. The MDT chassis came with small dowels that can be inserted into the mag well to help support the magazine, and has an adjustable mag latch.

Yes for the arc xylo you will need the extended mag latch for the Vudoo mags. The mdt acc mag latch will work fine.

The L3i adjustable mad catch is pretty handy. I had to run them up pretty high in my XLR Envy Pro. Then I ended up using a little tape to take the to and fro wobble out. The tape wasn't permanent, so I ended up adding JB Weld and sanding it down where I had tape.

L3I has been talking about it since we've already done the trouble shooting. Were so small it's always hard to launch new things since we basically have to save up enough cash to try things out lol

Have you considered doing some kick starter campaigns for new products. I would imagine you'd get some solid support.

Have you considered doing some kick starter campaigns for new products. I would imagine you'd get some solid support.
We actually took preorders on the very first mags and it was a disaster lol. They had a 90 lead time and guys starting sending emails two days in asking when they were shipping since they had been charged

• Sad
Reactions: Mark_Dorman

With the extended latch in my xylo the vudoo polymer mags lock up perfectly with no vertical slop and no feed issues over ~500 rounds I tested it with. Arc does note it's recommended too.

I did also add a small shim to the back to remove a tiny bit of front to back wobble.