• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

External Ballistics Modeling and Numerical Approximation a Discussion of Expectations

eno00wen

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2022
United States of America
I would like to open a discussion of system requirements and expectations for a system of numerically approximating external ballastics of modern man portable fancy hollow tube rock slingers. I do not know all the answers and will construe facts, that is where you all come in. This is a trial run for me using the public to run a project.
Why you ask?
1) I want the knowledge for personal gain
2) I think my local and extended community will be better people
i) and make better our second amendment right(s), if your from the greatest country on Earth. Else it will just make you better than your communist neighbors, although just having unrestricted access to toilet paper should do that.*
This will be all informal. If we generate useful information I will organize it into a usable report, with many grammer mistakes and at the personal cost of much nerve damage to my thumbs since I seem to be stuck on a cell phone in all my spare time. Long live the IBM model M
*I hate the "internet" we better not lose ww3/4 (depends on how you count) I am dead meat now for going to the internet.
I will follow up with stuff. Feel free to do so before me.

I would like to open a discussion of system requirements and expectations for a system of numerically approximating external ballastics of modern man portable fancy hollow tube rock slingers. I do not know all the answers and will construe facts, that is where you all come in. This is a trial run for me using the public to run a project.
Why you ask?
i) and make better our second amendment right(s), if your from the greatest country on Earth. Else it will just make you better than your communist neighbors, although just having unrestricted access to toilet paper should do that.*
This will be all informal. If we generate useful information I will organize it into a usable report, with many grammer mistakes and at the personal cost of much nerve damage to my thumbs since I seem to be stuck on a cell phone in all my spare time. Long live the IBM model M
*I hate the "internet" we better not lose ww3/4 (depends on how you count) I am dead meat now for going to the internet.

Are you aware that there are a lot of excellent ballistic calculators already available? Can't tell from your post if you think this is a new thing, or you just want to learn the math, or what?

Why you ask?
Circa 1971 my mother started as a key punch operator for programming the IBM 360 Mainframe at Phillips 66 in California. Sometimes we would go to work with her. Sometimes we would get to visit my first step-father who was a second class boiler tech aboard the USS Ogden.