• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision External battery and N Vision Halo LR

Millennium200

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2009
nc
Does anyone make a plug that does not stick out so far from the scope. I am afraid I will hit the plug and break it off.

your fears are warranted.... i run the predator precision dvr and it has its own power plug with 90deg cable although its still breakable its a littel more low pro. someone really needs to build a ultra low pro 90 cable for it.

The original straight plug that came with my Halo LR finally broke a few weeks back. NVision has a 90* right-angle plug on their website (for a dubious $80) that I got last week. It works very well. No worries about kinking or breaking it anymore, and it is a reasonable length instead of the original 1km long straight cable.

Reactions: Lowdown3
Mine came with the 90* cable but I still wish it did not stick out so much. I worry about carrying the rifle slung across my chest muzzle down and catching the plug on my belt etc. I did call Nvision today and talked to customer service about the plug, and their advice was the 90* plug is all they have so be careful and don't break it, but if you do we can fix it. Also the new XRF version is in a better location. With all being said however I still love the scope.

Running CR123s isn’t so bad if you buy them in bulk. Check out batteryjunction.com. Cheaper Titanium Innovations are good, but the Energizers are not much more and the more you buy the better the deal. My Halo LR gets 4-5 hours runtime off a set of 4 Energizers which usually is more than plenty for a typical hunt.