• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extract Strelok data from dead Android phone

762libertarian

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
So I dropped my Samsung on the stone floor again this morning, this time the screen died. I can't unlock it. I got a new phone by lunchtime but I miss my Strelok dope. Is there a way to get it out of the Samsung?

Can you connect it to your laptop/desktop/tablet? You might be able to get it through there.
I know this won't help you right now but as a side note, I had this happen before with other data on my phone. Since that happened I keep everything on the Microsd card in the phone.

Can you connect it to your laptop/desktop/tablet? You might be able to get it through there.
I know this won't help you right now but as a side note, I had this happen before with other data on my phone. Since that happened I keep everything on the Microsd card in the phone.

I have a phone and the non replaceable battery is dying. I keep as much as possible on the SD card. When I first installed the card, I had to format it, which I presume would wipe it. If I got a different brand of phone, is the formatting standard between phones?

Reactions: 762libertarian
@Howland , I have always copied the SD card contents to my backup drive prior to switching it from one phone to another. I'm not 100% certain that they are all compatible, even if they all run Android, the different mfgs still add their own stuff to them. You really should back up your SD card on a regular basis, just like any electronic device. I back up all my stuff phone/laptop/tablet just because it will all fail at some point and I really can't afford to lose all of my data. I hope this helps.

So here's how it went:

I found a lot of different apps and PC programs to run my phone from my PC. They all required actions from the phone. If not downloading an app, then at least some settings that needed changing in order for me to get access via the USB cable. This wouldn't do.

I solved it by having to phones of the same size next to each other, both with strelok installed, and "flying blind" to make Strelok export rifles.srl from the old phone. I then used the USB cables normal function to get the file and put it in the correct folder on the new phone.

I don't have a Labradar, and there's a competition this weekend...

Other possible ways to do it:

1) keep backups outside of your phone

2) Enable USB debugging mode now, it is required for remote controlling your phone via USB.

3) There are ways of giving input to the phone without the screen. In some situations it might be easier to do it with a keyboard.

4) Keep your dope on laminated paper cards.

Other possible ways to do it:

1) keep backups outside of your phone

2) Enable USB debugging mode now, it is required for remote controlling your phone via USB.

3) There are ways of giving input to the phone without the screen. In some situations it might be easier to do it with a keyboard.

4) Keep your dope on laminated paper cards.

5) back up your Strelok data to the cloud. This is possible in Strelok Pro. I don't know if this is available in the free version.

Reactions: 762libertarian
6) Here's another quick tip I found!

You can often make a screenshot using the physical buttons. This puts a screenshot image file in the screenshot folder of your phone. If you can get the data transfer going, then you can navigate your phone one screen at a time. Yeah it's tedious but it might be the best option. If you combine it with a USB keyboard then you could probably download apps and do whatever you need to do.

I don't use Strelok Pro as a primary, prefer to use the Kestrel Elite. However I do use it to backup all my loads on it specifically because of the Dropbox option. Saved me several times through phone upgrades.