• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Extraction

fx77

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2005
    ny state
    Net Flix Chris Hemsworth...film Extraction...John Wick level of CQB

I threw in the towel after 20-30 minutes, nobody gets that lucky in close quarters combat. Not even Seagal.
    ___FatSeagal.png

It was OK. Not as good as Triple Frontier, but better than another movie with a similar premise I saw on Netflix a couple months ago. I mean it was kinda predictable at times, you know he's gonna get the kid to safety and have a happy ending, but it was still fun watching.

Where did not-Thor get that M79 from, though? I don't remember him having it at first and nobody had one later. And the optics changed on his AR all of a sudden, too; I don't remember him swapping them onscreen.

EDIT: He doesn't just change optics, he flat-out changes his gun from a suppressed 10" AR with a holo/magnifier to a Daniel Defense M4A1 with an ACOG. Still don't remember him getting the different rifle, though, just that he all of a sudden had a new one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: isofahunter
    I liked it. Good brutal action movie for free(ish). He did get a random change in AR though after he seemed to loose the first one during the first engagement with the Indian police/army/whatever they are.

Do they ever start speaking English, I made it about 10 minutes in to that subtitled jabbering and shut it off.

::vomits on self while watching the trailer::

I liked it, good action and story. Less outlandish than John Wick not sure what y’all are upset about. Interesting movie about the lengths men will go for their families or just the memory of them.
    It was obviously exaggerated and inaccurate in a few places but was entertaining and a decent plot. At least it wasn’t another drug cartel kills guys family and he gets revenge movie. (Man on Fire was awesome btw).

If you’re waiting for Hollywood to get every gun scene correct before you enjoy a movie... good luck.

It had potential, but I didn't love it.
    Man on Fire is the bar I'm comparing to. That was a good movie.

Said the same thing to my wife when were watching it, felt very Man of Fire'esque.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good. I was feeling a "surprise turn" in the middle of the movie that didn't happen, but entertaining nonetheless.

Watched it last night and it was ok. Like many have said, it was a little over the top, ok it was way over the top, but it was something to watch on an otherwise boring night. And I agree heartily that NO ONE has that many bullets fired at them without taking some major dingers. And yes, that chick was smoking hot.

Decent flick; he does get cut, stabbed and shot; the last wound being a shot through the neck with an AK so he didn’t get away unscathed. At least he wasn’t wearing a 3 piece suit like Johnny Wick.

My take on where all of the different weapons came from was that he liberated them from the home of his friend once he was shot dead by the boy.

My take on where all of the different weapons came from was that he liberated them from the home of his friend once he was shot dead by the boy.

This. He had a whole bag of them in the back of dead friend's car and gave some to the Indian with the pony tail before they tried to get the kid across the bridge.

I thought it was good, watched it a second time and picked up on some stuff I missed the first time through.

Enjoyed the scene of him beating up the teenage gang members 🤣👌

For a Netflix movie I really enjoyed it. Little bit over the top but not nearly on a John wick level.

Edit: she was enjoyable as well

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
    I just finished this and, well I feel like you have to judge it 2 ways. First, on a Netflix movie during quarantine: it was pretty dang good and plenty entertaining. Didn’t feel like I wasted my time. Any other time/non-quarantine: okay at best. Certainly not bad, but not something I’d go out of my way to watch. Has anybody seen Spencer Confidential with Marky Mark? Any good?

I just finished this and, well I feel like you have to judge it 2 ways. First, on a Netflix movie during quarantine: it was pretty dang good and plenty entertaining. Didn’t feel like I wasted my time. Any other time/non-quarantine: okay at best. Certainly not bad, but not something I’d go out of my way to watch. Has anybody seen Spencer Confidential with Marky Mark? Any good?
    Definitely a Boston crime type film worth seeing and could be the begining of a new franchise.

Reactions: edub1309
    I really enjoyed it. Maybe just because I wasn’t expecting much, but I thought the plot was engaging and the action scenes are well executed. Of course in real life no one survives that many CQB shots fired at them and lives, but it would be a pretty short and boring movie if he was shot in back the first scene. He did get horribly beaten up by people including his friend and the formerSF Indian guy and shot and banged up. That is much more realistic than the majority of movies where the guy gets beaten and walks away fine a few seconds later. Since my wife has a huge crush on Thor I thought I’d like watching him get beat up, but his character was portrayed well enough I actually felt really bad for the guy :) no, it is not man on fire or one of the Sicario films, but I will watch it again later

LOVED it. Sometime in the coming weeks, I'm going to do it again; at least once.

Wondering if the Grenade sequence was done with a pickup weapon from a downed SWAT shooter.

I had the same questions about the o/o focus final shot and the possibilities. If there's a sequel; I'm all-in.

Best action flick I've seen all lockdown. Creative direction/camera work has tons of potential for future action flicks.

The 'making of' doc made the whole thing even more enjoyable for me.

Greg

Last edited: