• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extractor question

Jeepcreep

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2013
Riverside, CA
Hi guys, just joined after lurking for a while. I'm about to start gathering parts for my first custom build which I plan to have PCR do.

My question is regarding the two types of extractors mainly used...an R700 type or an M16 type. Defiance uses M16 types and it looks like Surgeon uses a R700 type other than on magnums. GAP uses the M16 type. I'd think Surgeon wouldn't use that type if it had a ton of problems.

I guess I'm wondering what the thinking is on the two and if it matters enough to affect the choice of action between a Defiance Deviant, Surgeon 591R or Badger. (building a 6.5 CM)

Thanks

Re: Extractor question

I would go for the Deviant if it were me. Much better extractor setup IMHO.
grin.gif

Regards,
Paul

I considered doing the upgrade but decided against it. The chance of failure is slim and if there is a failure you can fix it in the field...replacement is rather simple.

Thanks guys. I expected more opinions...oh well. I just ordered a Defiance bottom metal so I'll order a Deviant action to go with it in a few weeks...8 week wait for those...damn.