• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extrapolated .338 LM Load Chart

Host

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2024
MId Atlantic
Don't know if this would be helpful to anyone, but thought I would post this extrapolated loading chart for the .338 Lapua Magnum I finished today when I couldn't find what I was looking for.

All the chart contents in Black are straight from the book, all the red italicized ones are calculated out using a corsponding quadratic equation and projected along a matching parabola, then rounded to the nearest 10th.

The amounts at the bottom are a quick chart for how many reloaded rounds you can get out of each pound of ammo for each grain/velocity you choose. Chart goes from subsonic up to Mach 3 for all 4 bullet weights.

Please note, many of these powders are not designed to be used under many of these shown loads. Also, the max capacity of the LM is around 113, so there are loads shown which literally don't fit. This is just a complete projection for reference only.

Also, at this time I only made this for the .338, didn't make this for any other calibers... sorry, maybe some day.

With all that said, here's the chart:
338 LM Load Chart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I will have to pull my load data for my 338 LM. Pretty sure I was loading more like 96gns H1000 with the berger 300 hybrid.

None the less nice work, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Host
Interesting, I will have to pull my load data for my 338 LM. Pretty sure I was loading more like 96gns H1000 with the berger 300 hybrid.

None the less nice work, thanks for sharing.
Thanks, glad you liked it!

I was actually just trying to do a cost analysis at lunch today for atypical 338 reloads (this is not that analysis obviously) but went a bit too deep into my grain chart (this is was used as the basis in the actual calculation I needed) and decided just to finish it out so *hopefully* now my waste of time today could at least benifit someone else. 🍻

Reactions: ACard
Any chance you could add a chart for the 285gr ELD-M? It seems like a popular .338LM bullet for those of us not running an AI'd case/chamber.

Any chance you could add a chart for the 285gr ELD-M? It seems like a popular .338LM bullet for those of us not running an AI'd case/chamber.
Yes, I might be able to when I get some free time. As a pretty close ballpark you can add 3 grains to the amount shown in the 250 gr. Chart. (It's typically 2.1 to 2.3 grains of increase per 25 grains of weight. Essentially 70% of the difference between the 250 and 300 grain loads in whatever power you are using.