• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

extreame mod savage mkII

i5939

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
florida
i bought the .22 to shoot subs and be quiet, light and packable and cheap. rifle was

savage mkII .130
winchester bipod .40
gamo .22 spec. scope .40 -pretty cleal for so cheap
bases .20
rings .20
bondo .10

subtotal- 260

after cutting the ass end and front end off. i bondoed a nice pistol grip which took quite a few hours. the forend was easyer with fileing it to the desired shape. then i added a skeleton stock. i drilled a hole from the back to the area the saftery spring sits.the rod was threaded so i put a nut in the cavety and applied threadlock. then i cut the barrel to 17.5 from the bolt face and deburred.

heres it unfinished

007.jpg

Re: extreame mod savage mkII

Good god... that thing looks like its ashamed to be a gun. Paint that SOB so it feels better about its self.

Is that the stock on the back or the hanger used for the incomplete abortion?

all i can say is wow....no, i can also say wtf where you thinkin ? and that stock....that fucker will put your eye out.

haha got boared. it actually shoots pretty nice even if it is pretty crazy looking.

Is the wire stock attached to keep it at legal length?

If so, why not leave the original stock alone?

no its legal without it. the original stock was uncomfortable and seemed to short. the wire stock is also lighter.

Ok, I wasn't sure of the laws there. Here, cutting the stock down makes said rifle into a pistol which is a nono.

cops tried so say it was illegal.(in florida) what do they know lol

A for effort
F for thought process and follow through.

All that matters is that you like it though and.. MAKE SURE ITS LEGAL..........

Below is an excerpt from the National Firearms Act. The NFA is Title II of the federal firearms laws (The Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA") is Title I). As a couple others have mentioned, including your reference to the Police, there are probable issues regarding legality. Only you can wield the tape measure at this point, and it would be wise to do so soon.

If what you said is true...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i5939</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cops tried so say it was illegal.(in florida) what do they know lol </div></div>... sooner would be better.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Short barreled rifles</span> (SBRs) - this category includes any firearm with a buttstock and either a rifled barrel under 16" long <span style="color: #000099">or an overall length under 26". The overall length is measured with any folding or collapsing stocks in the extended position.</span> The category also includes firearms which came from the factory with <span style="color: #000099">a buttstock that was later removed by a third party.</span></span>

its a steel rod the was shaped in a 3 sided square with the ends threaded. i dont know where they came from but i had about 5 of them. i straightened it out then bend it to the shape i wanted. pretty sturdy, a little flex but not enough to be annoying. its actually really confortable.

i looks better in person lol. i should put my homemade silencer on it. then every one would think its even prettyer. the silencer is effective though taks the bang out of subsonic rounds. they just thud.

You need a tax stamp for a supressor, home made or bought, you need a stamp or you will get in some deep doodoo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i5939</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i should put my homemade silencer on it. then every one would think its even prettyer. the silencer is effective though taks the bang out of subsonic rounds. they just thud. </div></div>
He obviously doesnt give a shit about barrel lenght guys, look at the quote above.

edit: LOOKS LIKE IM A LITTLE LATE ON THIS ONE, BAN HIM!

Inconceivable!

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "there ought to be law"
Oh... but wait there is one, or maybe two.

Just wondering how the home-made bean bag works with the "not too flexible" butt stock...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i5939</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i looks better in person lol. i should put my homemade silencer on it. then every one would think its even prettyer. the silencer is effective though taks the bang out of subsonic rounds. they just thud. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i5939</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i looks better in person lol. i should put my homemade silencer on it. then every one would think its even prettyer. the silencer is effective though taks the bang out of subsonic rounds. they just thud. </div></div>

You win the dumbass of the day award for first making a homemade silencer...then for bragging about it on the internet.

Honestly I could care less about making a silencer. I wouldn't even try to but it would be easy enough to get away with so long as you weren't dumb enough to go somewhere and brag about it. Somewhere referring to <span style="font-weight: bold">THE INTERNET</span>, on a large forum where you know there has to be at least one ATF agent poking around.

I'm not even gonna talk about the rest of the abortion you call a rifle. How old are you anyway?

That thing looks like shit...and a homemade can...thats a big no no, i surely hope to god that you are just messing around with that one.

I'm tellin ya guys.. this just proves that I am right. Highly populated areas shoudl be sprayed with birth control and prozac.

I can't figure out if this is for real or if someone has created an alias... BTW, he mentioned the 'homemade' can in another thread and IIRC nobody picked up on it.

the supressor dosnt really do anything but even out the sound. so instead of a bang of the subsonic round it just has a more even sound if that mnakes sense lol. its just a piece of junk i made to see if it made a difference.

you sir, forgot to read the rules, didnt you? There are also laws against some of this stuff, and they arent too nice to people who break them.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sniper's Hide, LLC. reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the snipershide.com Web site for violating this Agreement or <span style="text-decoration: underline">violating the law</span>.</span> We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove Communications that are abusive, illegal, disrespectful, disruptive, or otherwise problematic.

Having a suppressor without a tax stamp is against the law, homemade or manufactured.

Are you going to put a counter sniper scope on it or BSA? Also I think it needs ALOT of paint.

they had a fake supressor, a solid tube on the GSG 22 that looks like a mp5sd. someone posted here that the ATF told them that it reduced the report some minor amount that you would need a machine to tell the difference in noise levels. it was enough to get them pulled supposedly. it was just a fake. you posted that you made a real one. do you realize how many cops are on here let alone ATF agents? also after ruger made the charger everybody wanted to cut down a 10/22 and make one, there were kits out there. not so much anymore. good effort and balls just hacking your stuff up to make what you wanted. bad luck at breaking a law at every step and then providing a record of it on the internet

It does look pretty snipery to me really. But I do agree that with paint it would be even more snipery.