• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extreme goat shoot at Rays in VA

ray d

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2007
Va
Looking To have the first annual extreme goat shoot . Putting this out as a feller . Entry will be $100 per shooter goat (target or targets) will be placed at 2662 yards shooting order will be drawn out of a hat u will be given 5-7 shots tbd then rotates to next shooter then cycles agian until target or targets are taken out once target is hit by u that's ur target to be shot by no one ealse and to be announced the true extreme goat killer targets hit can be taken to mount in trophy room. Let me know if ur interested. Also I have started a business ( From Afar enterprises ) will be teaching long-range shooting, high angle shooting and offering range for rent to hold trainups or to practice before comps or hunting trips ect...

Re: Extreme goat shoot at Rays in VA

I'd be interested. I have a .338 that I haven't shot yet. This would give me a good excuse to get it running.

Yikes 2600+ yds! I read 1600 the first time...Can people even get out to 2600 with .338?

Ray,
You have a web site for Afar Ent? Will you be on your own at this match, or would there be a spotter to guide you on your misses?

Mark

2662 yards ? I am 49.4 Mil and 850 ish FPS with a 6 second TOF. Good Luck ! I was interested till I looked at the numbers lol, better bring a pile of luck.

I will be spotting as well as others. I'll be R O ing ull have to clear ur dope with me before ur first shot is taken then ull be given a call in mils as to the bullet impact u can share ur dope with someone ealse but that's up to u or it can be ur secret

I'm gonna have a fun shoot soon to but there will be a set entry fee for that as to deter the trash that took off with my rucksack of ammo at the last one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be interested. I have a .338 that I haven't shot yet. This would give me a good excuse to get it running.

Yikes 2600+ yds! I read 1600 the first time...Can people even get out to 2600 with .338? </div></div>Yes I have a hit at 2662 yards on a ipsc sized man target Using an ar 30 in 338 lap took 8 shots

That's awesome! I'd definitely give it try.

300g bullets?

Afar, I don't blame you for the entry on the fun shoot, we had a great time at the last one, only place you can spend the day shooting and get feed for a small fee. I have a .338 Edge, just not sure the glass is up to the distance, I'll have to give that some serious thought. Keep us posed if it goes though.

Ray, where did you get the goat Idea from......Wink...Wink.
laugh.gif

If I shoot a 308 can I get in for 1/2 price?

It jus kinda came to me Jon and yes u can if I have signed notes from all your sponsors lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's awesome! I'd definitely give it try.

300g bullets? </div></div>300 gr mk's pushed by 86 gr R-19

I doubt I have enough MOA even with mil holds to get there. Maybe you could have something a little closer range for us rookie's.

Something to still be a challenge, not that I wouldn't like to shoot 2662. If my calculations are correct 1760 (a mile) would give me a couple MOA wiggle room but that is about my limit with the Mark 4 I have. It's your match, I was just thinking if you had a couple classes some people that couldn't make it to 2660 with their equipment could still shoot at something very challenging. I shoot a .338 Edge, and I think the rifle will get there, but the scope it my limiting factor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: From Afar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It jus kinda came to me Jon and yes u can if I have signed notes from all your sponsors lol </div></div>

It would be wrote in crayon and stained in dishwater if you got such note from me.

When might this goat whacking be held? Will the goats have names? Will they be staked down or tied to a tree? Will they also be stump or gun boot broke
Thanks,
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: From Afar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It jus kinda came to me Jon and yes u can if I have signed notes from all your sponsors lol </div></div>

It would be wrote in crayon and stained in dishwater if you got such note from me. </div></div>Jus as long as it's legible Jon if ur not busy doing a demo that weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When might this goat whacking be held? Will the goats have names? Will they be staked down or tied to a tree? Will they also be stump or gun boot broke
Thanks,
T </div></div> the goats will be cut out of steel and staked down as not to hurt anybody's feelings . If u can talk sum crackheads into carting the goats around it would be much more challenging . Jus let me know !!! Thanks Ray

I may be in for a 1760 shoot. I never shot to a mile, but I have enough elevation in the glass for it.

best let me come 'head of time, so as to shoot the goat, 'n do a nice goat roast knowing there will be lots of hungry folks.....

got some video somewhere on a 1800yd goat shoot, the goat still lives i think

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: From Afar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When might this goat whacking be held? Will the goats have names? Will they be staked down or tied to a tree? Will they also be stump or gun boot broke
Thanks,
T </div></div> the goats will be cut out of steel and staked down as not to hurt anybody's feelings . If u can talk sum crackheads into carting the goats around it would be much more challenging . Jus let me know !!! Thanks Ray </div></div>
I'll will see what I can do. We have both here in Ky
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best let me come 'head of time, so as to shoot the goat, 'n do a nice goat roast knowing there will be lots of hungry folks.....

got some video somewhere on a 1800yd goat shoot, the goat still lives i think </div></div>I honestly don't think a 1800 yard goat would last long at my place we have several fine marksman and women in the area the 2662 on the other hand will be a challenge but if you have ur heart set on cooking boltripper well be cooking filets and potatoes after wards I'll let u shoot one of those if u run the grill.

I'm in, but its gonna hurt everyone's feelings when I put a 5-7 round group on the target. AH HA HA HA
-Nate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepDog0372</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in, but its gonna hurt everyone's feelings when I put a 5-7 round group on the target. AH HA HA HA
-Nate </div></div>Looking forward to seeing it Nate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ray, does the winner win anything besides the target? </div></div>Clark will be providing mustach rides for all competitors

Seriously though it depends on the # of participants then we Might do a first place cash prize

Mustach rides! That is just wrong. You know if he comes, he will win. He just put a new Simmons on his 204 Ruger. Get ready!!!

How many so far? I know of 4 that is (trustworthy) interested.

Ray, I have spoke with a few guys that said they would come if there was going to be some sort of prize, but not just for bragging rights. I know everyone realizes that you need some money to cover the expenses, and knowone has a problem with that, but a little in the pot always makes people try a little harder. Like how about a sponsership
wink.gif
not that some people don't already have them, just not me... someday...

Any ideas on what date or dates you are thinking about?

Will have to work no matter when you decide to have it.
Done made up my mind screw the bonus for that month I'm callin in!

What dates are you thinking? Also what part of VA are you in (wondering elevation)

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BGEFIVEFOURONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What dates are you thinking? Also what part of VA are you in (wondering elevation)

Thanks </div></div>Looking at the last 2 weekends in march it's in glade springs Va. Will be on a Sat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray, I have spoke with a few guys that said they would come if there was going to be some sort of prize, but not just for bragging rights. I know everyone realizes that you need some money to cover the expenses, and knowone has a problem with that, but a little in the pot always makes people try a little harder. Like how about a sponsership
wink.gif
not that some people don't already have them, just not me... someday... </div></div>I have about 6 or 7 committed if I can get the # up around 15 or so there will be a pot

Have you decided on a shorter distance for us slackers?

If I get to go it will be with a new scope,load,and bullet.
unless I get a chance to go to the chicken farm before hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you decided on a shorter distance for us slackers? </div></div>What like a mile or less?

A mile should be a challenge for sure. But as I was saying before it's your match I'm just thinking it may get your numbers up some. I know for me 2660 isn't going to happen, but a mile is a possibility.

I plan on making this one since I was the first to hit the IPSC man at 2444yds a couple years ago and smoked the LIVE GOAT at 2222yds with the 338 XTREME. I may leave the 338 Xtreme in the truck and shoot my 300 win mag just to make it interesting. I just got a new Bushnell HDMR with a H58 in the mail this week to put on the new Diablo Rifle Works 300 win mag that I should have back in a couple days.

Sounds like it will be a good shoot but Ray should put out some 1 mile goats for the close range guys so they won't get there feelings hurt if the can't hit the long goats. It will be a good time for everyone and the more targets the better.

Will see you all there,
Claek K
TEAM BUSHNELL TACTICAL

Ray,
I think you need some 1 mile 308 targets also so we can see how well 118 LR and 155 LAPUA does at a mile. I am sure you will have more shooters wanting to shoot at a mile than at 2600yds.

I'd pay $100 not to have to climb the side of that mountain.lol

This time you must hit the target not skip it in side ways.(clark)

AH HA HA HA HA Tell him benchduck, and he spelled his name wrong Im just saying

Decided to have a fun shoot instead of goat shoot we will not be going on top this time jus shooting out to 825 yds will be same as last time pistol steel will be marked with pink paint donated by clark from his personal collection left over from painting inside of his man cave. Class 3 items welcome with correct paperwork nothing illegal or unregistered brought on property.will have a extreme long range fun shoot one weekend . This fun shoot will last up in the night for the guys running night vision i will also have sum stuff from night optics USA for everyone to check out as i am partners with freedom gun works in the night vision . Will post more later