• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
I know the Russians have/ had them on the psop and such but had anyone tried using an eye cup on the ocular for shooting in like a competiton where the sun is in your face and you can't see through your optic. Had a stage at a match recently that I had to have the lady running the tablet stand to my side and hold something up so I could even see through my scope

I've tried them and have mixed feelings about it. While they work very well for what they're intended for, the rest of the time to me they tend to get in the way so to speak. During regular viewing it seemed to kind of have a tunnel effect that I didn't care for. Probably just something to get used to.

Ultimately what I do is use a boonie style hat and have the brim block the light as necessary.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Really, the only thing to do is try it out and see if you like it.

The one I had I ended up giving away to somebody at the range ... you would have thought I gave the guy the whole scope...lol. saw the guy a couple of months later and while he recognized the same issue but I did, he liked it and kept it on.

Another thing I've done is use a small towel, about 18 inch by 24 in. You ever seen a work crew where you see the guys wearing a hat and a towel under them draping over their shoulders ... that. Doesn't matter if you have a baseball cap or a boonie style hat ... when needed take the towel out drape it over your head and scope.

I've also tried pieces of stiff wall tubing, rubber or silicone in place of the specific made eyecup. It works, just not pretty and you'll probably have to use some type of heat source to flare the eye end.