• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eye dr in san diego

Bobalos

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2023
San Diego
Good evening folks,

I'm looking for an eye Dr in the san diego area (-ish) that understands what the prescription should be for somone shooting a long gun through a scope.

I'd appreciate some recommendations.

If you have distance glasses that work well and a quality scope with an adjustable diopter then adjust your diopter and your good to go.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're not square on the rifle then you may not be looking through the best (center) of your glasses and you might need to ask to get a pair made where the prescription is optimized higher in the lens.

But before I would do that I would make sure that I could not solve the problem by improving my position. That could require higher rings and a higher cheek piece.

Jmho

Last edited:
It's more than just diopter.
Depending on magnification, and maybe aspheric correction, you need to know where the optical CENTER of the lens is.
Not for normal vision but the center when on the scope.

You can use a gummed paper asshole, about 6mm hole, to find where your eye be pointing when lined up to fire.
Take an eyeglass frame style you will be using, stick the paper ring so you can see through it without moving.
Take those to the eyeball guy.
Or, make one of these with a larger see through hole.
Diopter.jpg

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question but... where is the reticle in the scope? I want to say it's at the centerline of the turrets but who knows what magic goes on inside those things...

This may be a dumb question but... where is the reticle in the scope? I want to say it's at the centerline of the turrets but who knows what magic goes on inside those things...
reticle = crosshairs