• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eye relief problems

stradibarrius

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2017
I have a Tikka T3x A1 with a Kahles i624 with Burris 20 MOA rings. I have the rings set to the last position aft and the scope slid in the rings as far aft as possible. I still need the scope to move another .5 in aft. Currently I have the stretch my neck/head position forward to achieve proper sight picture.
Any suggestions?

That's weird. I have the same rifle, and no issues with my ADM 20-MOA QD mount and a Leupold Mark 5HD scope. Sounds like if everything is back as far as possible, you might have to change to a cantilever mount of some type.

What cantilever mount recommendations??? I have looked at cantilever but it SEEMED that they were all forward cantilevered.

As long as its 0 mil base then you can flip it around to bring the scope closer to the rear. Spuhr makes them as well as most scope mount manufacturers.

I have a Tikka T3x A1 with a Kahles i624 with Burris 20 MOA rings. I have the rings set to the last position aft and the scope slid in the rings as far aft as possible. I still need the scope to move another .5 in aft. Currently I have the stretch my neck/head position forward to achieve proper sight picture.
Any suggestions?
Thinner recoil pad.....assuming you have no LOP spacers installed, right?

Not sure how thick the stock pad is, but here is one at 3/8" which is fairly thin.

I had to do similar on a J Allen chassis....scope as far back on rail as possible, scope back as far as reasonable (did not want rings hard up on the turret), so pulled off the OG JAE 1 1/2" awful pad and had a kick-eez 3/4" pad ground to fit.

Solved my eye relief problem.

I removed the pad and now everything seems fine. I feel slightly cramped but I'll shoot it for a while and see if I like the change.
Thanks for the advise