• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eye relieve on VXIII 8.5-25x50 LR

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
I have a problem I've never had with any other scope. I can't find a happy medium, on my eye relieve. Shooting off a bench at 25X, you gotta stretch over the rifle, but set it back to 8.5X and it feels like I'm back to far. Anybody else run into this? Of course it feels natural right in the middle of its range
laugh.gif
I'd hate to move it back any more.

Re: Eye relieve on VXIII 8.5-25x50 LR

I have had 3 and still have 2 in this 8.5-25x50 mk4 . For me I just make it the most comfortable on the body positioning to eye relief on the Max power setting. because that is where I use it the most for the long range distance. For real short distance & the lower-end power ranges do require you to choke-up a little on the check position but you just got to do what it takes for the shot but for the most part that is what 8 to 25 power is for, the Long Range hole punching. I have enjoyed mine.

Re: Eye relieve on VXIII 8.5-25x50 LR

90% of my shooting is from prone, and high mag is pretty comfy lying down. Shooting off a bench isn't so great. I may move it back a bit after some more prone shootin, if it bothers me.