• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eyeglass frames for shooting

DLS

Venatic
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2018
In the right lane
Any suggestions on a frame type for eye wear that doesn’t mess with your sight pictures thru the scope.
Mine work most positions but some the top bar blocks me from full view?

Whatever you are comfortable wearing. I have progressive lenses and have had no issues with any of the frames I have had.

Now with that said, they are not huge frames either.

Any suggestions on a frame type for eye wear that doesn’t mess with your sight pictures thru the scope.
Mine work most positions but some the top bar blocks me from full view?
I suggest real shooting glasses from RE Ranger. Available in plano or prescription and a plethora of lens tints...I use a very light 10% (eh, maybe iss 15%) lemon. The color is pretty much invisible but it does enhance contrast.

EGE2G99-1000x469-1.jpg

Talk to Tom at LM Lenses...and he has other high qual shooting glasses brands also.

Decot for me. I like the adjustable bridge.
Decot is definitely another very fine brand...used to wear their Hy-wyd's years ago.

Rangers (Edge and XLW) also have adjustable nose bridge.

LM sells Decot also. Tom Morgan owns this company and is a good guy to deal with, IME.

Cheers

It's important to get the stock/chassis fitted properly so your head is square and aligned to the optic, which almost always results in people looking through the center of their eyeglass lens.