• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F-35 pilot ejects on tarmac in Ft Worth

fast is cool , but would have loved to see the days of the barnstormers those guys were crazy .

fast is cool , but would have loved to see the days of the barnstormers those guys were crazy .
An F35 is a marvel of aeronautical engineering and development.

A Sopwith Snipe is made of wood and canvas and is by comparison the equivalent of a soapbox go-cart to a Ferrari.

And that's why I have all the admiration and respect for the Great War and immediate post-war pilots and barnstormers. Those were some mad lads, flying those old crates.

An F35 is a marvel of aeronautical engineering and development.

A Sopwith Snipe is made of wood and canvas and is by comparison the equivalent of a soapbox go-cart to a Ferrari.

And that's why I have all the admiration and respect for the Great War and immediate post-war pilots and barnstormers. Those were some mad lads, flying those old crates.
Thats when my father learned to fly, mid 1920's. I had the wooden prop from his first plane but it went away somewhere in a move,

Looks like after the plane bounced.. the engine thrust started moving towards front thrust... which tipped it... I'm going to go ahead and call it early. Pilot error.
Pretty obvious you're correct to me; or the CLAW picked the wrong mode and thought because of the bounce it was taking off. Regardless...pilot error.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Pretty obvious you're correct to me; or the CLAW picked the wrong mode and thought because of the bounce it was taking off. Regardless...pilot error.
What is the "CLAW"? Is that an aircraft system, or something categorizing a test pilot? Excuse my ignorance, don't know that much about the F35.

meh, I'da rode it out at that point, but he probably had no clue what it was going to do next. coulda rolled over and exploded. Time to GTFO and go drink a beer.

And the long tradition of wrecking VTOL aircraft continues.

I personally think that the next DOD acquisition exec that agrees w the Marines that they need a VTOL variant of an otherwise perfectly good a/c should shot be immediately. It will save a lot of lives.

Last edited:
WTF? Seriously. How you gonna punch out when you basically on the ground and then when touched down not kill the engine? But hey, it will buff out or big daddy tax payer will take care of it.
Pilot wanted the Veterans Benefits, insurance money, and disability check for his back. Collect some workmen's comp. ;)
someone said, dude, "you could retire early"

Anybody got any inside info on how the F35 has done in exercises against the Eurofighter, Gripen, Rafale, etc?

I hear the F22 can clean up 4 Typhoons by itself from 50+mi out..?

Anybody got any inside info on how the F35 has done in exercises against the Eurofighter, Gripen, Rafale, etc?

Watch this French Pilot...The guy was FREAKING Amazing, guy pulled almost 9 Gs to nail the F22 pilot. You can watch the G's on the HUD.
French air force Rafale fighters
The French victory over the F-22 occurred in November 2009

video explains the French pilot went balls to the wall aggressive to get the F22
They also 'assumed' that the pilot probably destroyed the airplanes airframe doing it, but, when you nail a F22 for bragging rights for your country.. I don't think anyone cares.

Last edited:
Complete armchair quarterback bullshit with no experience, but.....

I don't think I would have ejected when they did, earlier maybe if I knew something was wrong but not on the ground as it settles down.

All Martin-Baker ejection seats (sic) have had Zero-Altitude/ Zero Airspeed ratings and capabilities since the F-4's and F-111's ruled. Trust the science, they said....

Watch this French Pilot...The guy was FREAKING Amazing, guy pulled almost 9 Gs to nail the F22 pilot. You can watch the G's on the HUD.

video explains the French pilot went balls to the wall aggressive to get the F22
They also 'assumed' that the pilot probably destroyed the airplanes airframe doing it, but, when you nail a F22 for bragging rights for your country.. I don't think anyone cares.

Dang he was in serious pain doing that. My French is lousy but I can hear misery clearly. Internal organs not meant to be compressed like that...would what would happen if a jabbed pilot today did the same thing.?

Reactions: gigamortis
Mad props to the pilots, for, sure.

I'm not big on heights, let alone at what is probably incomprehensible speed and acceleration to a pleb like me.

Was on a drag boat at 115mph, and saying is that speed sensation on water is about 4x that on land. Felt plenty fast to me!

Mad props to the pilots, for, sure.

I'm not big on heights, let alone at what is probably incomprehensible speed and acceleration to a pleb like me.

Was on a drag boat at 115mph, and saying is that speed sensation on water is about 4x that on land. Felt plenty fast to me!
if you catch a wake at the perfect time, you can actually fly :)

meh, I'da rode it out at that point, but he probably had no clue what it was going to do next. coulda rolled over and exploded. Time to GTFO and go drink a beer.

I watched an F15D burn. The pilot had just released the brakes to TO when the starboard engine came apart. He popped the canopy, and climbed out. The accident investigation team criticized him for not punching.

I watched an F15D burn. The pilot had just released the brakes to TO when the starboard engine came apart. He popped the canopy, and climbed out. The accident investigation team criticized him for not punching.
I read that 'punching' compresses your spine and basically fk's you up for life
sounds like the pilot was smart

if you catch a wake at the perfect time, you can actually fly :)
Like so?
UnawareIllegalHornbill-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: babyguppy
Depends on the aircraft. F16 has a 30º lay back seat, not sure what an F15 has. A10 is damn near vertical, maybe 10º? More vertical, more chance of compressing your spine, either punching out, pulling Gs, or a hard landing.

Falling off a from a structure from 35' working on antennas the airplanes use to talk to the ground...first time, not bad ground was soft; second time ground was semi-hard, third time was off a tower we were taking down in Vegas...that dirt is hard as concrete. The first time was my fault, wasn't belted in, on gaffs, wood pole, no steps, put my hand on something the other side of the pole, thought it might be a wasp nest...pulled that hand off the pole, wasn't holding on with the other hand.

Second time a guy cut a guy wire with three of us on the tower...he thought he was speeding up the tear down of that tower...he did, what a mess, good thing none of us got hurt too bad.

Third time (Vegas) one of the kids on the crew took the bolts out of the bottom of the stairway, I was waiting on the cannon ball from the crane to rig the staircase for lowering it to the ground, staircase tipped upside down with me in it...that was a rough landing.

I don't know man...
It sure looks like a case of after the car has crashed and came to a complete stop, the driver then decides to activate the airbag.
Case of a day late and a dollar short....

My point being, if I was the pilot, since I have already taken 90% of the shit, might as well hang on to the bull for the final 10% and try to come out looking like a hero going down with the Titanic, rather than risk being the guy that wimped out and pulled the escape chute...

Reactions: Cowpokey
I don't know man...
It sure looks like a case of after the car has crashed and came to a complete stop, the driver then decides to activate the airbag.

My point being, if I was the pilot, since I have already taken 90% of the shit, might as well hang on to the bull for the final 10% and try to come out looking like a hero going down with the Titanic, rather than risk being the guy that wimped out and pulled the escape chute...
Did I call you a clown yet, you fucking jet pilot you?

Not necessarily but if you read the safety after action rot spine and other injuries are very common. Ejection carries significant risk but it’s better than going down w the ship.

I don't know man...

Wimped out? You know for a fact he didn’t have any fire warnings going off…in a vehicle still carrying a lot of what is basically kerosene?

No SH couch pilots know exactly what was going on to prompt his action so how the fuck do you figure to second guess him.

As for G’s…yeah, 9 is a lot. Tolerable w being fit, having the right and well fitted g-suit, doing your grunts to compress your core and keep blood In your head and not all in your feet, and for short duration. But 9 is a load.

And the reason they inclined the seat in the F-16 was purely for pilot G tolerance. It’s a dial a G aircraft were they could set the max amount of G’s you could command the aircraft to pull. LONG time ago they had them all set to 6, IIRC, to spare airframe wear and tear in peacetime.

F-15 is straight up and down (or damn close to it). I have no idea what F-35/22 have as we were still flying biplanes when I was in USAF. LOL.

Cheers

Reactions: camocorvette

From everything Ive read; out of the Rafale vs Eurofighter vs Gripen, the Rafale usually does the best. Several exercises where the Rafales totally cleaned up F16's and Typhoons, etc.
Ive always been impressed by the Typhoon though thats a helluva plane.

I never knew there were so many f35 engineers and former fighter/test pilots on the hide🤣.

Considering that the raw information is classified I'm sure someone wants to go to Leavenworth for 10 years to tell you.......

I never knew there were so many f35 engineers and former fighter/test pilots on the hide🤣.

Considering that the raw information is classified I'm sure someone wants to go to Leavenworth for 10 years to tell you.......
True the raw info/specs is classified. I was just referring to the outcomes of exercises which aint the be-all end-all but still tell a lot.
f-16.net has a metric fuckton of solid info on dogfight exercises.. obviously we aint gone be getting after action reports and such but a lot can be gleaned from vids and the stuff that does find its way online one way or another.

Actual combat is still ultimately the final determinant but the exercises certainly aint useless.

Last edited:

Word was the pilot more or less said, "Screw those guys. I'd do it again."

Every guy I know that has bailed has/had spine issues...except a couple of AC130 guys.

Looks like a lift fan failure after the bounce. and the throttle control got away from the pilot. Delay in ejection may have been an attempt to shut down the engine and ejected when that failed.

T