• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing F$cking poachers!

SuperSeal110

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2005
Michigan
I did an earlier AM coyote hunt this morning. Only made one stand for about 20 minutes without seeing anything. Decided to check my trail camera that's been out for about 3 weeks.

Had a few pictures of coyotes, deer, redtail hawks and turkeys.

I stumbled on a fresh set of coyote tracks near my trail camera. I decided I'd follow them and hopefully find a bailed up coyote in a field.

There lead me to a poached deer, head was cut off. Was field dressed, but no meat was taken from the deer. The coyote checked the deer out and went across the road on the next property.

We reported it and a county cop was suppose to show up within an hour. I helped my g/f's father milk for about 1.5hrs and still no law showed up.
mad.gif

This property has been getting hit hard by road side poachers. Shit makes me sick!

Coyote tracks I was following.
DSCI0003-2.jpg

You can see the coyote tracks go by the ass end of the deer. No head on the deer.
DSCI0005-5.jpg

Standing on the roadside, the deer blends in well. I wouldn't have seen it if I drove by.
DSCI0006-5.jpg

Coyote left and went across the road.
DSCI0004-5.jpg

Re: F$cking poachers!

2nd one I've found. Other one was shot where all the truck tracks are in the corn field. That was at the end of Dec.

I'd say this is prolly the 6th or 7th deer since Oct.

I know what you mean...

this one was taken in Wyoming...

caught the moron though !!
grin.gif

Warden from Gillette with the Mule Deer. Methane worker shot it on a ranchers land that he was checking wells on.

poachdeergil08.jpg

Damn, that's a big'ol Mule deer. Glad you caught that POS.

Wish I lived closer to her property to watch it better.

intead of just fining those guys they need to do real jail time.

like 6 months to a year. plus loss of hunting privledges for life

worldwide and a large fine. it should be a felony.

SS110, get the word out you have trail cams watching the roads near the property. might help curtail it.

one of the ranches i lease in s.e. montana had a 400 inch bull elk shot from the road by a poacher this past fall. really pisses a guy off.

My neighbor used to bring 4 deer home - I finally told him I would collect the $1000 reward if I saw that crap again.

I actually TRIED to but seems that time of the year they get busy....he would put a tag on it and leave it on it until he got it butchered and in the freezer, then he'd pull the tag and go back adn get another - then said his "Friend from kalifornia came up and shot it and left it with him".

I hate poachers, unless they are so poor they need the meat and they TAKE the meat- then I'm OK with it. Cuz I sure as hell would if I was hungry and could not afford it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I hate poachers, unless they are so poor they need the meat and they TAKE the meat- then I'm OK with it. Cuz I sure as hell would if I was hungry and could not afford it. </div></div>

I agree completely.

Satanic rituals.

You place the deer head over your head like a hat, then drape the guts over your shoulders like a robe. At least thats how we used to do it.

Totally kidding guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would someone field dress a poached deer and leave it there.. only taking the head...</div></div>

They had planned to come back for it.

....Or they shot it elsewhere and just ended up dumping it on SS110's place.

Poachers suck!
My Dad(fellow/former hide member) had some poacher on his ranch shoot one of the Bison. It was a really tough moment for him since the bison was left unbutchered, and he had to burn the caucus. A real waste, and on top of all that the cost of the animal comes out of his pocket.

The heart was missing from the Bison IIRC.

if you poach-4 the meat....no problem...i see hundreds throughout the year mowed down on the highways---------ps. you cant eat horns.....does taste beter anyway

Why would someone want a bison heart? Maybe it was aliens. Or Satanic rituals..

Crazy,,

In Texas it is a felony. If you kill a WT, mulie, pronghorn or desert bighorn without landowner consent you're looking at a state jail felony. The costs of fines has dramatically jumped over the years and poaching has slowed...somewhat.

From what I have read on the fishing forum these big buck contests down here fueled some serious poaching. One poacher got caught and spilled all of his tactics. Guiding clients at night on large ranches, cutting the links off of each side of the lock and taking it to his locksmith who would make a key. He then had access to the mega ranch at any gate. He would make enough off of one big buck to buy a new truck. Amazing that folks would pay that kind of money for him to guide them. All totally illegaly. Wardens are serious about it down here and Im glad they got this dirtbag. Sorry to hear about it up north.

Don't put the word out that you have trail cameras. The poacher will just keep poaching but in a new area. Keep the cameras secret but put them closer to the road so you can get proof of who is doing this.

Speaking of cameras they got a picture of a guy in the national forest stealing a twelve year olds tree stand. And another picture the next day coming back for the rest of the parts. Real doucher.

ScannedImage-4.jpg

this incredible mule deer buck was poached on the rocky mountain front in montana in 2005. with a net boone & crockett score of 207+ it would have been the state record typical.

what a shame hes not hanging on a legitiment hunters wall.

I stopped at the sheriff off yesterday. I talked with my buddy father that works there.

Guess they're getting a hold of the DNR and they're going to contact my g/f's father.

Pretty much they're hitting were there isn't any houses. Makes sense. They're shooting from the road into the open fields. No woods are close to the road for trail cameras.

Looking at that dead deer yesterday, there was a gun shot wounds below the shoulder on the legs. Hole was small, I'm guessing it was a .22lr.

I couldn't find any other wounds on the deer. They must of shot it in the head.

The deer was hung up as well, back of the tendencies were cut.

I've seen the same thing happen here in California as well. I was up for Bow Season opener in the far north of the state, on my buddies families ranch. They had been watching a nice deer for over 3 years, and had planned on taking him that opener. The morning of, we hunted hard, looked everywhere, and never saw him. Then towards the late afternoon we we going into town and as we approached the gates there was a huge swarm of buzzards next to the fence. The bastards had shot it with a rifle, cut the head off right below the chin, and left everything else to waste. They didn't even cape it out to be able to mount it...just shot it and cut the head off. We were so f-ing pissed.

This year hunting down in Texas at another buddies place on the King Ranch, they caught a guy, young guy, dragging a deer off the property down into a river bed (public access) - the game warden was feeling a little generous that day, called the ranch manager and told him that the kid was a young college kid, no priors and such...asked if he wanted to press charges or let him off with a warning - the ranch manager must have been in a good mood, and decided to let him slide this time. Here's where the story gets good - The warden tells the kid he's lucky this time, etc, etc...the kid then has the balls to ask the warden to take a picture of him with his poached deer - the warden agrees, takes the camera and shoots a shot - then proceeds to review the other pics in the idiots camera - and guess what? this jackhole has pics of other deer taken from this same private ranch - and the warden throws the book at his sorry ass. The guy was charged with Felony Poaching and Trespass, and will probably be spending the next 4 years in prison. F-em.

Man don't give me the crap about poaching for Meat!!!! If your that poor you can be eating rib-eyes with Food Stamps. No one in this country is that poor!!!!

Show me someone skinny on Food Stamps!!!! Majority of women down here can't fit in 2 chairs that are on Welfare. And the men that are thin are alcoholics and sell theirs for booze.

Nobody needs to POACH to eat!!! That's BS. And since I have to pay for your food stamps you damn well better be eating steak rather than poaching.

Sell that poaching for meat crap to someone else!!!

+1 dag
I found evidence of the mating pair I had on my place have been killed after the season was over.
I am going to put out new posted signs along the property where the trailer trash live and watch for them in the fall. Do you think they will have enough sense to run when they hear a 308 round smack into a tree near them?

Doc I think they will get the message!!! Scumballs!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 dag
I found evidence of the mating pair I had on my place have been killed after the season was over.
I am going to put out new posted signs along the property where the trailer trash live and watch for them in the fall. Do you think they will have enough sense to run when they hear a 308 round smack into a tree near them? </div></div>

IED's. They proved their effectiveness in Iraq. And they are really easy to make.
eek.gif

personally .. they litter the highways once hit, raise my insurance because of it, and are over-populated.
I don't have a problem with people shooting them for meat. And yes I know plenty of people who are that poor that they resort to "after-hours" hunting for food.

We find poached deer on our land every year. I'd love to catch the cocksuckers. I've had a friend (local agent) catch several people popping shots at a mechanical decoy set up where they usually hit.

Had an absolute monster we were eyeballing for quite some time end up dead 150 yards from the road...minus his head as well. That one really pissed me off.

I worked on a poaching case this past year in Colorado. The Division of Wildlife captured three poachers that killed a number of trophy mule deer. <span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style="font-weight: bold">The three paid fines totalling about $85,000. </span></span>

They did not have a pleasant experience when all was said and done.

Given the choice between using food stamps and poaching deer, I think the more responsible choice would be shooting the deer. This assumes that the poacher has the permission of the land owner.

At least the person's willing to go work for their food rather than have it handed to him by the gov.

Bob

edited to add: PS: This does not apply to folks who shoot the deer and don't eat it. That makes me sick.

From the picture it looks lie they dragged the deer from the field and was going to take the entire animal but changed there plan.

Thats just wrong, have some poachers shooting Mtn Lions and cutting off paws down here in So. AZ. Game and fish said they have seen 3 in last 6 mos.

Dam shame! we are having poaching issues on our land, I invested in two Smart Scouter™ Wireless Digital Game Camera's hopefully with alittle luck I'll catch the bastards in the act.

sorry dag but i dont think you are very well informed about food stamps. i never poach but its tempting sometimes when my freezers low and its no longer season when deer are everywhere and apparently i make too much to qualify for food aid but feeding 5 on one income can be quite a chore and a 308 round costs much less than steak, soo.....working lower middle class get screwed while lazy people get foodstamps for havin babies they cant feed. anyway enuf socio economic rant. i just think antler hunting is unethical. i shoot mostly does. taste better. also ive found good use for the antler pog's carcasses as i feed em to my great danes, saves on dogfood.

I know what you are saying. Back in the sixtys while growing up,we ate deer meat,sometime cut halve and halve with pork and them big peppers balls. Home made bisuits,pinto beans,crushed wheat for ceral,cornmeal,canned glass jars of friut,meats,if we were high on the hog ,then there was Kool-Aide!But in 1986,I damn near killed myself on a old Harley Panhead chopper,broke my leg 4 places with one of them a compound fracture.Both legs were jelly. @ broken ribs and road rash. Generally mess up. Had 3 kids then ,wefare only give me and family food stamps,no cash. These food stamps lasted only 2 weeks,they were suppose to last the whole month. Well,IF one consumed 800 caloires a day maybe. During the course of recuparation,sold two cars,my Harley,so we could eat. I have no symathe for Soscial Services today........

Its a shame the people who actually deserve it get screwed while there are low lifes who take advantage of it.

In Montana the fine is based on it being a trophy class deer. The fine for taking a muley doe is cheap compared to a trophy. But in the area I'm at you can buy as many doe tags as are available according to the quota set by the FWP. I got 5 doe tags along with my either sex A tag. After cleaning, cutting, and canning 6 deer, I was WAYYYY done hunting for the season.

last year,i was out small game hunting and found 2 doe poached and hidden in a thick stand of briars. the poachers left trail markers in the trees to find em later.. we called it in when we got to the truck..