• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F class forum

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Good call on this one LL. Should be a daily read for me.

On a side note I shot Capitan NM on Sat right next to Derek Rogers. He was a really nice guy and eyeballed my M2008 for a bit. It was pretty cool shooting next to the 2010 open champ

That was about the only good thing about the day for me though. Damn wind was horrible. Gusts to 20 with let offs to 5-6 made it tough for a hack like me. Modified course of fire was 3 1000yd 20rnd matches. A couple guys made the 560 mark but I was stuck in the 530s. I was prayin for 9s all day. If you plan to make an f class match at Capitan this year don't forget to put at least 5 min of wind in before you even get out of your truck. Great guys fun shoot very challenging to say the least

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: F class forum

Sweet new forum. I shot in my first 600 yard F T/R match last Saturday. Shot a 538-8X, I know that is far from great but I guess it was ok for my first time out.

I shot my first match on 5/7. It was at Cumberland Rifleman Club in Millville, NJ. They have great facilities and very helpful bunch of guys and gals there. I had no idea what I was doing and they were very helpful. They shoot registered matches once a month, April through October and hold state championships there as well.

I don't really have a dedicated F-class rig, so I shot my Cooper M22, 6mm Remington with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 off a harris bipod and rear bag (F-open class).

Did surprising well for a first timer: 560-11x with a 199-9x on the third match (which I won!).

Needless to say, now I have the bug and will be gearing up soon.

It was a good ol windy capitan match. Hell when Van Marter and Rodolph say its a bad day...its bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney88PDC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet new forum. I shot in my first 600 yard F T/R match last Saturday. Shot a 538-8X, I know that is far from great but I guess it was ok for my first time out. </div></div>

You did fine. I know a guy who says he was Black Ops Tactical/Surgical that shot a 507 his first time out.
smile.gif

RStewart,

Question is, did he ever come back again?
wink.gif

Barney,

Not bad at all for a first match. Some ranges are more accommodating than others... one range local to me, some days breaking 400 (out of 450) on a Palma course (15 each @ 8, 9, 1k) just ain't happenin', even for the match winner (F/TR). The next closest 1k range... if you drop below 430 you're trailing the pack by a fair bit.

I've also seen people come out guns blazing, shoot 595-600 on their first or second 500 or 600yd match... and then spend a long time trying to figure out how to do that again
wink.gif

Monte

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lakeway</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot my first match on 5/7. It was at Cumberland Rifleman Club in Millville, NJ. They have great facilities and very helpful bunch of guys and gals there. I had no idea what I was doing and they were very helpful. They shoot registered matches once a month, April through October and hold state championships there as well.

I don't really have a dedicated F-class rig, so I shot my Cooper M22, 6mm Remington with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 off a harris bipod and rear bag (F-open class).

Did surprising well for a first timer: 560-11x with a 199-9x on the third match (which I won!).

Needless to say, now I have the bug and will be gearing up soon. </div></div> I was there, I actually won the FTR class that day and was 3pts behind the open winner L. Morrison.....they had a nice range and great group of people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RStewart,

Question is, did he ever come back again?
wink.gif

</div></div>

I think he went back undercover! Lol!