• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition F class schedual

Re: F class schedual

Not sure exactly where you're located, but here's a couple links I found by Googling "Oklahoma Gun Clubs", picking out some hit with ranges listed that are greater than 200-300 yd, then looking at their event/match calendars. Hope it at least points you in the right direction. If you're way out west, a N. Texas search the same wya might give some results.

http://www.okcgunclub.org/cgi-bin/calcium39.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=okcgc

http://www.tulsaredcastlegunclub.com/matches.html

I think that if you spell schedule correctly, your searches will be more effective.

I apologize for adopting my Groggnan the Grammarian stance, but this is one instance where it makes a significant differance.

Greg(Grogg on occasion...)

I actually had spelled it correctly in my searches in the past Greg but I'm cartainly not above those kind of mistakes, lucky for me most search engines correct spelling
wink.gif
. I'm a little over an hour from Tulsa so I'm familiar with Red Castle but I havn't been there, I'll check it more closely. A pard and I thought we might be willing to drive across a state or two but we're a little too old to get too serious about it, sounds like a good way for a couple 50 yr olds to have some fun and compete a little. Just thought there might be a place where all events were listed but since thats not the case, I'll dig a little deeper. Thanks for the help guys.

okie

Thanks again for the info guys, those both look like nice clubs. I'll try not to get carried away but a few more questions. Does anybody show up with a truely factory rifle or are they all customs or simi custom? Why does everyone seem to want such long barrels especially in the <600 matches? Is the added velocity that critical in F/TR? Would a guy be stupid entering a match with a 20" 308? I understand its tongue's hangin out when it crossed the 1K yrd line but it does stay supersonic at least. Sorry for what I know are stupid questions (especially when I'm talking to team members) but I guess it just shows my level of experience. Thanks for your time and patience.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Would a guy be stupid entering a match with a 20" 308? </div></div>

Not if he wanted to shoot, learn, and have fun. Since shooting is fun, and since we always learn when we shoot (if we're paying attention), then the answer to your question is "NO".