• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F Class/Tactical Match Information Needed Please

Compact45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
WDM, Iowa USA
Hello All,

New to competition and I am wanting to know if a muzzle brake is allowed in competition. My local range informed me that nothing can be attached to the end of the barrel (muzzle brake due to noise produced) during an F Class match. Is this a range rule or F Class rule? Would anyone have a list of matches in Iowa or how could I locate them for my area? Looking for F Class or Tactical matches.

Thank you in advance.

Re: F Class/Tactical Match Information Needed Please

Thanks Cactus. Looks like I might have to make a trip to a match.

How bout a hunting trip?? I can bring kewl toys!
smile.gif

What did ya have in mind to hunt and where? Always open for a hunt.

We kill it all at nite here n the BIG'OLE TEXAS! I was thinking road trip up there?

For hunting in Iowa you really need to know a lot of farmers (be family) or take your chance on minimal over hunted public land with weekend warriors doing drives. We only have one rifle season in Jan (cold and usually deep snow), after the shotgun drives that spook them, for the bottom two counties otherwise it is shotgun (Dec) and muzzle loader. All the big stuff is pretty much taken on private ground. Wish it was more like CO, WY, MT, or ID and TX.

Last hunting season there were 120,000 harvested in Iowa and it showed from last year when we were out in Jan. Getting slim but that was the DNR plan to control the population. Now we really have some nice urban deer but that is by draw (bow only) after a few years your eligible for buck tag.

lol no I was talking about critters!

They may be allowed but you may not be invited back when people start complainign of the side shock wave.

I won't shoot near someone with a brake, it disrupts my chance at winning the match.

(OK That's not really true but that's the argument that's been made).

Go shoot on an end to be polite if you can.

223's, 338's, 300 Winmags - I have shot near them all and they give me a friggin migrane by the end of the day, and they motivate me to beat you that much more.

Seriously, shoot it, but be polite and go to an end.