• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wreckingball

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2010
Pincourt Qc Canada
Hey Guys,

I'm currently trying to enter in a up coming F class competition and was unsure how to do so. I had called and they asked for shooter's proof? was a little confused. I am residing in Canada but i presume the rules and regulations are the same for US and Canada. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Re: F class

That call would have been a good time to get an answer to your confusion. Call again. They would know what they and you are talking about; I've never heard of 'shooter's proof', so I don't.

Never heard of it, here in the US I have shot in matches that require that you be an NRA member or a member of an affiliated NRA club to shoot.

Several of the ranges in my area require you to provide info to the board on your rifle and load before you can use the longer ranges available. This is to insure the shooter has some idea or knowledge of what he is doing.

At some of the ranges in Europe where I have shot at we had to verify our bring ups on a 25 yard range before we could shoot in the match. Basically you aimed at a dot and dialed your minuites for 800 and they had a line 4 inches up or so and thats where your bullet should hit.

I am not sure what shooter proof means. could it be they are askinf if you are registered with the QRA Quebec rifle association and or the DCRA. When i shoot in Ontario I have to be a member of the ORA and DCRA for national events.

Trevor

I know when traveling across the border from the US to Canada we need an invitation to the event signed by the match director, with our name on it (in addition to the CAFC 909 forms, etc.), and with it we keep a copy of the match program i.e. shooting this day, this day, and that day, 'n' rounds each day, 'nn' rounds total, etc.

I'm under the impression that Canadians heading south need similar paperwork.

That is correct when a Canadian heads south they need an approved ATF-6 form which requires the declaration of each and every rifle including the total number of rounds being brought down in addition to the invitation letter or a hunting license for a paticular state.

Trevor

"Shooter's Proof"??!? That's a new one.

The only thing I can think of is what 280man indicated... some kind of a "lollipop" target to prove that you are in the right range for elevation adjustments at long range....

Another call to the organizers might be in order!

Darrell