• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F---Frigidaire

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
So we have a Frigidaire "Professional" double wall oven and a couple days ago wifey was using the lower oven and it was overheating as the top broiler element wouldn't shut off once it came up to the setpoint. So I proceed to go on the web for possible problems and fixes and turns out maybe the temp sensor is bad and they say to take it out and check with an ohm meter so I did and it's reading OK range about 1152 so now www says it's likely a bad controller (read circuit board). Well what next says I. Called Frigidaire's help line and spoke to someone in india or fuckistan and after explaining my predicament and giving him the model # and serial# he says, oh that's a tech issue and you need to call our AE people and he gives me that number. So I call them after first doing a little research to find the correct part number. Call AE and get some other foreign sounding dude (hey not meaning to be insulting here as I'm a Texan and most other people think I sound strange) go through my story again and bottom line, the circuit board/controller for our oven is no longer available, (part number 316443883). So I ask him what are my options? He says, "I guess you'll have to replace the oven". And I'm like WTF this thing is only 9 years old!! and you don't make parts for it anymore?!?
A new freaking double wall oven is around $2,000 and all it would take to fix the one I have is freaking part that was going for $250!?
Any of you appliance guys on here have any ideas? Maybe someone that has Frigidaire parts stashed?
I did find a site that says they can "rebuild" controllers for $200 but I leery of that.
Anyhow rant off and y'all have a Merry Christmas:)

Had the same issue with a fan on our oven two weeks ago. I went with the rebuild option. Figure if it gives me another few years for 245 bucks. I was happy. Also where we live there’s used appliance places. Check with them Bc they may have a lot of parts laying around

Reactions: EddieNFL
We bought a new fridge about 18 months ago. I researched brands for a couple weeks and here's the consensus: There are no great appliances, only average, kind of sucks and sucks. Recommendations were to choose the best model that had the most support (repair centers close by). At the time that was Whirlpool or anything made by Whirlpool.

We moved about five months later and the house had matching appliances including refrigerator. I now have a nice new refrig in the garage. Even hooked up the ice and water dispenser.

Reactions: plong and BLEE
There once was a time, not that long ago, that people repaired electronics instead of throwing them away.

There are some things it’s just not cost effective to repair because of how intricate the circuits are. I doubt this falls into that category.

So, yes, I’d try the repair website.

I had a friend growing up who’s father owned a local business that repaired electronics. It’s really not as difficult or complex as one might think.

Nothing made to last anymore. :/
I've rebuilt my microwave twice and dishwasher with parts off eBay from sellers who are breaking down older models. Just type your part # into the search bar. If you find a different part for your model, ask the seller for what you need, they don't/cant list every single part.
I hear it all the time "well this is broke, guess it's time for a new one?" I do industrial maintenance, I fix things...

I just got a recall notice that the fan in my bedroom should be replaced. It seems the blades might fly off and “cause injury or death”. No offer for a replacement or even a fucking coupon. I kind of wonder if they realized that it might not self destruct in two years and came up with this route to have me replace it.

Remember that bill congress passed to save the too big to fail back in '08? In that legislation they trashed the rules/regulations for companies to make replacement parts for a certain amount of time. I believe it was 10 years or the length of the warranty and then a couple. Now they have to only have to cover the warranty period. They also allowed those companies to discard the inventory of replacement parts. All in the attempt to save the economy. Need a part? No longer available but we can sell you a new XYZ. Do you wonder who influenced that legislation?
Never let a crisis go to waste.

If you can possibly download a parts list or find the part number of what you need, go to ebay and search for that number.

Remember those days when there was a shop that you could take your stuff locally and have it fixed. Now remember those places went away......cause a NEW item was cheaper instead of paying for the locally repaired circuit board. Yea.....it happened.

Call this guy. He has some pretty obscure parts for just about everything. Probably can tell you off the top of his head if he has one too.

I have a Jenn-Air double oven and my kids kept leaning on the microwave door and ruined the hinges. I thought it may be a quick fix so I had a tech come out. He admitted to me he had no idea how to fix it and then quoted me over $1000 since I was essentially paying him to figure it out. I ordered the new hinges online, https://www.ereplacementparts.com/jennair-parts-c-487472.html
It took me about 2 hours but I figured it out.

Set up a search on ebay for 316443883 (and updated PN Ao2234615). Part Nos. change so there may even be others.

Reactions: Jim Out
Ill be buying a gas range and maybe make it an older model that doesn’t have a shitload of electronics. I will jet it for propane and forget it.

Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks gents, I'll reach out to suggested folks. I think planned obsolescence is here to stay and that sucks.

I had the same problem with my GE two weeks ago. I was quoted $960 by a repair service to replace the temp sensor and control board. I found the parts online for $310 and installed them myself.

Part of it is planned obsolescence. The other part is pretty much all the new control boards are digitally controlled. You have a simple circuit to handle creating an interface to the actual digital controller. Then the digital controller has all the logic programmed into it. Which makes it so you can take proven simple interface electronic circuits to integrate switches, sensors, lights.... Into the controller that's programmed. Then they stick this all onto one board. Because of the micro controller and the associated programming it makes it pretty much not repairable ( unless it's the OEM). There were some companies making there controllers separate from there input/output and power supply boards which made a modular setup. Old electronics were much easier to repair, the new direction of electronics with firmware and or software even in simple devices makes it only repairable by the OEM, unless someone spent a bunch of time to crack it.

I had the same problem with my GE two weeks ago. I was quoted $960 by a repair service to replace the temp sensor and control board. I found the parts online for $310 and installed them myself.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do IF I can find the part that's no longer being made:(

the circuit board/controller for our oven is no longer available, (part number 316443883). So I ask him what are my options? He says, "I guess you'll have to replace the oven".
Had that same thing happen, just a couple of years after we renovated my ex's family home (built in the 50's) and the double oven cabinet is the narrowest it gets, so the choices for replacements were extremely limited and not cheap.

Whatever the brand was, I made sure to avoid it, then when the replacement was delivered, it "proudly" proclaimed on the box (new brand) now by (brand that let us down).. :mad:

At my new house, all new appliances, my dishwasher failed after probably 30 cycles. As I live alone, that took a couple of years but still. A brand new dishwasher was cheaper than the part the old one needed (it was available but it made no sense to pay that especially considering the old one failed after so little use.)

there is not an appliance made today that is intended to last past 7 years... I built this house 18 years ago and every appliance with the exception of the GE double oven has been replaced at least twice... range top (gas), dishwasher, fridge (on the 4th), furnace, water heater, sub pump... fans have needed new internals... even the twin garage door openers have been replaced... the days of the lonely Maytag repairman are LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG gone

Good luck with your search. I don't know if its true or we are lucky, but we have a Maytag washer and dryer that have to be at least 25 or more years old and still rocking and rolling..... Dread when I have to replace them.

When I brought home an entire group of barely used (dishwasher, electric slide in range, microwave/exhaust hood) 18 year old GE Profile appliances that matched our counter-depth refer for $600 from a neighbor doing a complete renovation, the wife looked at me like WTF? She thought I was crazy.

Give me the older stuff anyday, most of the new stuff has a five year life expectancy. Yay progress 😞

Good luck man

Reactions: camocorvette
I'd be looking at the board to see if there are burnt/ broken components ...resistors, diodes, caps. The fact that there's a repair center tells me this is likely not surface mountain technology so the typical problems problems can be easily fixed.

Reactions: mtrmn
So we have a Frigidaire "Professional" double wall oven and a couple days ago wifey was using the lower oven and it was overheating as the top broiler element wouldn't shut off once it came up to the setpoint. So I proceed to go on the web for possible problems and fixes and turns out maybe the temp sensor is bad and they say to take it out and check with an ohm meter so I did and it's reading OK range about 1152 so now www says it's likely a bad controller (read circuit board). Well what next says I. Called Frigidaire's help line and spoke to someone in india or fuckistan and after explaining my predicament and giving him the model # and serial# he says, oh that's a tech issue and you need to call our AE people and he gives me that number. So I call them after first doing a little research to find the correct part number. Call AE and get some other foreign sounding dude (hey not meaning to be insulting here as I'm a Texan and most other people think I sound strange) go through my story again and bottom line, the circuit board/controller for our oven is no longer available, (part number 316443883). So I ask him what are my options? He says, "I guess you'll have to replace the oven". And I'm like WTF this thing is only 9 years old!! and you don't make parts for it anymore?!?
A new freaking double wall oven is around $2,000 and all it would take to fix the one I have is freaking part that was going for $250!?
Any of you appliance guys on here have any ideas? Maybe someone that has Frigidaire parts stashed?
I did find a site that says they can "rebuild" controllers for $200 but I leery of that.
Anyhow rant off and y'all have a Merry Christmas:)
Same thing happened to our Frigidaire Gallery oven. The control panel was replaced by a local appliance repairman for $300 in 2 days. Call someone local to you and who has good reviews. It’s just not worth the stress.

this helps me a lot as i have a burned out broiler element in my cheap POS stove. gives me hope and maybe a rescource to find the part.

I had one of the dual wall ovens (Frigidaire), same thing except mine wouldn’t turn on. It was to control board, got lucky and found one. But had a bakery that I used to deliver to that had a pair of them ( to do cookies, pastries, etc) she said that it was a common problem, I think she kept a spare or two.

29 years ago, we purchased the cheapest stove/oven that Sears sold. We were moving into a rent house while our home was being built (having sold the farm) The kind of stove that uses pilot lights and the only thing electronic is the light in the oven. The rent house did not have a stove and we needed something cheap to tide us over. However, when we were in the last stages of finishing the Lake House, Brenda refused to have a wood stove/fireplace for emergency heat. So, the stove, made the move to our home on the lake and has been here ever since.

Brenda Lea wants a new stove badly, but its hard for me to let go of a stove that never quits, always lights if there is propane in the tank and even if the pilot is out, a match will do it.

Can’t purchase this anymore unless you pay a fortune for a restored Chambers. Missing the age when stuff worked.

Reactions: mtrmn
My wife's Frigidaire oven had problems with the broiler circuit in the oven. Got to where it would maybe work once out a dozen tries. I bought the control board listed in the parts list for that oven-the ONLY control board listed- and when it came in it was nothing like what I had. Sent it back and running out of options, I pulled the old board out and traced the printed circuit for the broiler control. Followed it to a relay, and decided to try to find one of them. Searched the part number on the relay itself and found them on ebay for dirt cheap, only available straight from China. I ordered a pack of 5 relays for like 8 bucks and free shipping. Came in surprisingly fast. Like 3 weeks. I unsoldered the old one off the board and soldered the new one in. Been working fine for about 4 years now.

Last edited:
Appliance parts direct, has also been good, Frigidaire makes lots of brands may be able to cross reference, they used to make some Kenmore and Electrolux.

Thanks I'll give it a shot but I think I found a similar site that came up with a bord and when you drill down it end's up saying it's not compatible.

All I know is that came up for your specific model number, so I would think it would be good . . . best luck!

(I know on my Bosch oven that I had to do a similar repair on recently, that one board fits many models, but has to be set for the specific feature set on install. The control panel assembly is typically the one that is model specific . . .)

Had that same thing happen, just a couple of years after we renovated my ex's family home (built in the 50's) and the double oven cabinet is the narrowest it gets, so the choices for replacements were extremely limited and not cheap.

Whatever the brand was, I made sure to avoid it, then when the replacement was delivered, it "proudly" proclaimed on the box (new brand) now by (brand that let us down).. :mad:

At my new house, all new appliances, my dishwasher failed after probably 30 cycles. As I live alone, that took a couple of years but still. A brand new dishwasher was cheaper than the part the old one needed (it was available but it made no sense to pay that especially considering the old one failed after so little use.)
You need to replace that dishwasher.

woman-washing-the-dishes-picture-id471169132

Had something similar happen last house. When I did my remodel I went with two separate Kitchen Aids convections in the island. If one fails, not the end of the world. I'll fix or replace on my time. Best move by far was two Kitchen Aid dishwashers, either side of the 36" farm sink. If you have room, it's a good route to go.

Side note: That dishwasher above would cost too much to maintain.

Reactions: YF12A
So sent my both my control and relay board off to Circuit Board Medics. $299 for both for repair. Did have to pay a local repair guy $75 to come over and take the double wall oven out and will have to have him back once I get the repaired boards back. Still way cheaper than buying a new $2,000 and north wall oven. Both the tech who pulled the oven and the guy at the repair place said the main culprit was us running the "clean oven" mode, they both said that will fry a board. You could definitely see a fried black spot on the board, likely a resistor.
Anyhow, word to the wise, don't use the "clean oven" mode on these newer ovens as it appears to be a self destruct mode.

When I bought my house it had the full Frigidaire suite of kitchen stuff. Started having issues right away. Repairman came out under home warranty and chuckled as he said he has more callouts for Frigidaire stuff then anything. Next remodel I'm doing all kitchenaid.

When I bought my house it had the full Frigidaire suite of kitchen stuff. Started having issues right away. Repairman came out under home warranty and chuckled as he said he has more callouts for Frigidaire stuff then anything. Next remodel I'm doing all kitchenaid.
Well that sucks. We have all Frigidaire as well. I might look into a home warranty policy. Anyone know of a good one?

Well that sucks. We have all Frigidaire as well. I might look into a home warranty policy. Anyone know of a good one?
We had American home shield the first year. Called out 3 times and no issues.

Now the ice maker in our Frigidaire fridge went TU. found the thermistor dangling and likely the wire got caught up in the auger and frayed the wire. Can't find a replacement part, have to buy a whole new ice maker assembly.
I say again...F**K Frigidaire and this whole bullshit planned obsolescence crap.

When I last looked there was only 3 companies world wide who made home appliances.
Yup, serious.
Maytag, Kenmore, Frigidaire, all made in the same place in Chiwanistan by real Pakiwanis.

Just type the model number of said appliance and then item needed into google (example: 1Adgelk342 thermistor) and it'll find em all over the world.
Just before I decided to retire I worked for A&E for about a year.
A&E means appliances and electronics and it's a subdivision of Sears and the only profitable arm Sears has had for 20 years.
They give you a van, a cell phone, and a laptop and you work out of your home....drive to customers homes and fix their shit onsite.
The job wasn't bad but having to deal with Sears sucked.

You'll usually find a white sticker with model and serial number of that fridge just inside the door somewhere along where the door seal rides.
It's a simple fix.

BTW, those appliance extended home warranty things are a stone cold ripoff.
I know, I was paid very well when a customer on my route bought one.