• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F-Open front rest

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
I have been looking at a decent front rest to start with.
I found a used SEB. The SEB is apparently the oldest model (gen 1?) and I am not sure hold old is it. I tested it out and it tracks fine with the joystick. My question is, does the joystick mechanism wear out and is there something specific I should be looking at before making the purchase, considering it's likely 6+ years old?
Also, I am spending approximately 600USD, is there a better option that I can go with instead of the used SEB? I believe Bald eagle from Grizzly is the another option in the range.

PS: Attached is the pic I found that shows the SEB model.

Thank you

Attachments

• restparts.jpg
    restparts.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 32
You will not find a Bald Eagle front rest in the winners circle. Even a used SEB is a top shelf rest and if there are any issues SEB will fix them asap.

Reactions: Frank Green
You will not find a Bald Eagle front rest in the winners circle. Even a used SEB is a top shelf rest and if there are any issues SEB will fix them asap.

So if the joystick has issues tracking or whatever, SEB will fix it even though it's over 5yrs old?

The bald Eagle better not be even close to $600. If it is then look elsewhere since it can be had new for much less

even if the Seb needs work it will be a better choice.

email ernie bishop who handles Seb rests in the US and he can help if it does need work

I noticed that I need to keep my wrist on the joystick to hold the height. The rifle pushes the head down if the joystick is not held. Is this normal?

Sounds like that rest needs to be looked at. It should hold on its own

Reactions: UndFrm