• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F the Texas legislature

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
So for weeks and months there has been all this big talk about how we Texans were going to get some much-needed property tax relief and those shitbags in Austin didn't get it done. I don't know if Gov. Hot Wheels is going to call a special session or not but I hope so. Just yesterday I was at the county paying my highway robbery tax.

Abbott won’t stand for conservative ideas and small government.

FD190DA8-E8B9-4057-8DB1-FD7BEE5F0A32.gif

Politicians job is to get re-elected.

I had something I thought would be wise about grandstanding and tax reform being hard, but f it.

The system has failed. We got what we deserved

Good and hard

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
I don't know if Gov. Hot Wheels is going to call a special session or not but I hope so.

He already did and the property tax relief was the #1 item I believe.

It looked like to me they were going to attempt to rein in the school districts tax % they are able to steal from you...

I read we have a 33 billion surplus and they are going to work inside of that to give property tax relief. I sure could use it...

Politicians job is to get re-elected and get rich by selling their influence to The Oligarchy that owns and operates The State.

I had something I thought would be wise about grandstanding and tax reform being hard, but f it.

The system has failed. We got what we deserved

Good and hard
FIFY.

VooDoo

Tax relief?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not with all those invaders hop/skipping across our border. We've gotta pay, so they can play! Come on man! Mac

Your problem is echoed in many other states. The legislature knows that they can talk a good game but not produce and by the next election cycle, start up the lies again. It happens every year.

Reactions: mosin46
better out than keeping it bottled up inside so get it out , but government is almost never on your side and will screw you mr. or mrs. tax pay every chance they get and double if they can profit from it , just remember to always look on the bright side of life

What really also pisses me off is the attitude of the people at the county tax office. When you try to protest and complain, they just say "well your valuation went way up". So fucking what I'm retired, not going to sell so what good does that increase do me?

Reactions: 10ring'r
Look at the bright side, no more state vehicle inspections. See ya saved 7 dollars a year.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
What really also pisses me off is the attitude of the people at the county tax office. When you try to protest and complain, they just say "well your valuation went way up". So fucking what I'm retired, not going to sell so what good does that increase do me?
Yep, pay up serf.

Man I love visiting Texas and would love to have some land in NET but when I look at property taxes all I can think is "I am NOT paying for (insert ISD name here)'s 80000 seat high school stadium. Petty I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes and lariat
I was talking to a state congressman a while back. It was just after the election and he had won. He noted that he still had campaign debt but had a donor that was going to take care of it. Which means the donor now has him in his pocket. If even state level politics is that expensive there is no room left for an honest individual to get into office - everyone owes somebody and that somebody will influence the votes one way or another, and the politician will never be really able to vote his conscience or for his constituents. What we have allowed to happen in this country is not good.

Man, my area has raised the real estate taxes roughly 12% each year for the last two years. So roughly 25% from 2020 till this year. I talked to my neighbors....they looked at me like they had no idea. I'm like "Don't you read the fuckin' mail the City GOV sends out?".

Some people just DO NOT know, nor do they care.

I hired an appraiser to appraise my properties, used that to dispute the tax increases, and won. This was Georgia though so it may not work in northern Mexico.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
Here in central Texas (Bell Co.) it's growing by leaps and bounds. New houses and commercial building everywhere and yeah the politicians and .gov love it. More revenue and property values going up so hey, we need to raise your taxes. And what can you do? Not a fucking thing, just pay up slave or we'll take your home.

Here in central Texas (Bell Co.) it's growing by leaps and bounds. New houses and commercial building everywhere and yeah the politicians and .gov love it. More revenue and property values going up so hey, we need to raise your taxes. And what can you do? Not a fucking thing, just pay up slave or we'll take your home.
If any of us think that we own our homes even if we don't have a mortgage, think again. Don't pay your taxes, find out.

what lariat said. neither you nor a mortgage holder "own" anything. you rent it from the government. don't pay the tax and they will seize it. resist that and they will kill you. most of it goes to maintain the government schools that teach your children cancel culture,wokism and communism with zero input from you. it's working. look at the ignorant nazi drones produced that worship and obey their betters in all things.

In my town we vote to raise the property taxes every two years. It always passes....... one of the best School Districts in the State and it keeps the the area clean.

All this is only possible because of the immoral men who commit violence and terror on behalf of the gov’t for a paycheck. Remember this before you foolishly back the blue which happens to be one of the stupidest thing a man could ever do.

In my town we vote to raise the property taxes every two years. It always passes....... one of the best School Districts in the State and it keeps the the area clean.
Honest questions, no sarcasm:

How has that extra tax money assisted in making your district one of the best in the state? I would think that would be the teachers who did that. Are you guys spending more money on salaries to get better teachers? Or is it really a result of the parents requiring both the teachers and their kids to do their assigned tasks?

How do those taxes keep the area clean? Is it a function of extra cleaning crews or is it more a function of the locals (in general) picking up after themselves and not just throwing trash about? IOW, is this a result of not having certain demographics in your area?

I'm always wary of statements about how taxes help society do what the members of that society are supposed to do in the first place. In my mind (and I could be wrong) it comes down to either the people in the area know how to act (they have a standard they live by) or the taxes are spent to cover up the lack of standards via public services. For kids and bad teachers that cover up IMO would be known as teaching to pass standardized tests while not really teaching them much of anything else.

Anyway, just some questions, not trying to get up in your shit over it. Genuinely curious.

Last edited:
I am just soooo glad all my hard earned tax money is being spent on indoor practice fields in my school district. Little pussies don't realize how easy they have it. Back in my day it was 2 a days in the parking lot in august before school even got started.
For the first time in my life I have actually considered moving out of Texas because I will never own my home, there will always be an outrageous tax bill due. Fuckers! And yes I vote, doesn't seem to help though.

Reactions: RedBaron
Honest questions, no sarcasm:

How has that extra tax money assisted in making your district one of the best in the state? I would think that would be the teachers who did that. Are you guys spending more money on salaries to get better teachers? Or is it really a result of the parents requiring both the teachers and their kids to do their assigned tasks?

How do those taxes keep the area clean? Is it a function of extra cleaning crews or is it more a function of the locals (in general) picking up after themselves and not just throwing trash about? IOW, is this a result of not having certain demographics in your area?

I'm always wary of statements about how taxes help society do what the members of that society are supposed to do in the first place. In my mind (and I could be wrong) it comes down to either the people in the area know how to act (they have a standard they live by) or the taxes are spent to cover up the lack of standards via public services. For kids and bad teachers that cover up IMO would be known as teaching to pass standardized tests while not really teaching them much of anything else.

Anyway, just some questions, not trying to get up in your shit over it. Genuinely curious.

You actually touched on several points that are correct. The Bills are designed to put more money into the schools. With a higher budget the teachers can can be paid more and more services and opportunities are available for the children. That does bring in better quality and KEEPs them around also.

Buy clean, I mean keeps the "trash" out. We also have a City ordnance that does not allow apartment's to be built in the City. This too helps out. This is the part that really helps with getting parents involved with the education process. I am on the Health Advisory counsel and on the curriculum counsel of one of my kids schools. All three of the schools my kids go to have 100% parents joining the PTA. There is a great deal of parent involvement.

People complain about some schools because they are under funded and have bad teachers. It boils down to, you get what you pay for. If all of the houses are dumps and worth $50k why do you expect to have a school as good as an area that has an average house price of $900K? That is just the BS mentality of the FSA.

Buy clean, I mean keeps the "trash" out. We also have a City ordnance that does not allow apartment's to be built in the City. This too helps out.
Some cities up here around Dallas tried that and got sued to oblivion by Obama's warriors.
They lost millions and had to partially fund low income high density housing as penalty.

Some cities up here around Dallas tried that and got sued to oblivion by Obama's warriors.
They lost millions and had to partially fund low income high density housing as penalty.

Well, Dallas County is already lost so I do not doubt that they won. We have no room in the city limits to build any of that. It would have to be outside the city limits..... and that would be another city.

Reactions: NoDopes